Dresden and Scotts Hill

Revrevitup

46 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

We've got a big, strong back and a smaller back with good vision. The line seemed to do a good job holding their blocks, and didn't get pushed around. the QB didn't throw or run much, but did his job well when he did. That's about as good as I can make it sound BigEd. We played well as a team... we tackled well, covered receivers, contained an offense consisting of an unbelievably good looking back, a tall athletic receiver, and a QB who could sling the ball as well as being very shifty when he ran. Coach Woodmore has the kids in phenomenally good condition, and he had all pre season to prepare for Walnut's offense... if he can game plan every game like the first, we may just be in some games that we have no business being in, talentwise. Not saying we have a bunch of un athletic kids, but we definitely don't have a game changer that you have to account for on every play, on either side of the ball. The concept of playing as a team determines just how good all teams are, but never more than for our program this year.  

I will Take a team over a game changer. Keep it rolling. 

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I watched some clips from Scott’s Hill game vs Walnut and Walnut was really fast looking. The Hill looks like they are running double wing this yr. @tradertwo is that true?

I really thought the back (#7) would have hurt us more than he did. Shifty as I've seen lately, and good top speed too. In the last couple of years when he reversed field, he probably scores because we over pursue, or give up on the play because it's on the other side of the field... he probably tried it three or four times, and was lucky to get back to the line of scrimmage.

On offense, we have run some single and a little I, but mostly double. I feel that Coach Eden (OC) is still feeling out what he likes, and what the personnel we have available produces best with... could be the opposite though... could be probing to see what the defense has trouble with.

I read thru posts.. and as expected most are thinking SH Lions run away with this. With a big win last week, & Dresden's woodshed whooping, it just seems logical to think SH will have an easy time of it. BUT.. :-) them spankings can do the trick & bring about big changes in a short time! And with the unknown factor being there with new coach(es), no telling what may happen. That 'ol saying, Any team can beat another team on any given day (or something like that) ain't fairy tale stuff. The guaranteed games are never guaranteed (And now the "realists" & "pragmatists" chime in with their irrefutable stats & logic.. blah, blah). I will, as always, pull for Dresden to surprise everyone with a big W. And my health & life circumstances, at the moment, may keep me from attending any games this year. It's a smack in my mouth, gut shot, & throat punch all rolled into one, but it is what it is. I'll face this like athletes have to- of all ages & sports. Back in my day I played them all & finally settled on boxing. I liked riding the buckboard to practice instead of my horse- ha! But we all have to go one day at a time, and never quit, give in, give out, nor give up, just give it your all. That's why I enjoy sports so much, it's training for real life & real events. Friday night I say: GO LIONS (DRESDEN that is!). YOU CAN DO IT!

(btw.. any online radio stations carrying our game?).

p.s., As to LC, if they run up score on us, #### for tat man. That always increased my motivation to do better & be better so it'd never happen again. And the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th stringers (who keeps on scoring) want to show out too & earn more playing time. It's all good imho & part of the game. Just don't taunt nor rub another's face in it. That's crossing the line & if coaches see that, better nip it in bud! And if that's the attitude & culture instilled into a team, time for a new coach! ASAP! Don't care who it is. But, that's just the myopic view of this old hick from the sticks. I don't know any better. LIONS ALL THE WAY! WOOO-WHOO! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solomon said:

I'm hearing good stuff about Woodmore.

Tip of the iceberg Solomon... Coach Woodmore has started from zero with the kids. Respect, accountability, and "family"came before the first whistle of practice. Lesson one was how to dress, and how to act as ambassadors of Scotts Hill, and to be an example, even in the hallways. Long story short... we're on our way to where we want to be, with the right guy leading us. 

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Tip of the iceberg Solomon... Coach Woodmore has started from zero with the kids. Respect, accountability, and "family"came before the first whistle of practice. Lesson one was how to dress, and how to act as ambassadors of Scotts Hill, and to be an example, even in the hallways. Long story short... we're on our way to where we want to be, with the right guy leading us. 

That’s good to hear

10 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

I read thru posts.. and as expected most are thinking SH Lions run away with this. With a big win last week, & Dresden's woodshed whooping, it just seems logical to think SH will have an easy time of it. BUT.. :-) them spankings can do the trick & bring about big changes in a short time! And with the unknown factor being there with new coach(es), no telling what may happen. That 'ol saying, Any team can beat another team on any given day (or something like that) ain't fairy tale stuff. The guaranteed games are never guaranteed (And now the "realists" & "pragmatists" chime in with their irrefutable stats & logic.. blah, blah). I will, as always, pull for Dresden to surprise everyone with a big W. And my health & life circumstances, at the moment, may keep me from attending any games this year. It's a smack in my mouth, gut shot, & throat punch all rolled into one, but it is what it is. I'll face this like athletes have to- of all ages & sports. Back in my day I played them all & finally settled on boxing. I liked riding the buckboard to practice instead of my horse- ha! But we all have to go one day at a time, and never quit, give in, give out, nor give up, just give it your all. That's why I enjoy sports so much, it's training for real life & real events. Friday night I say: GO LIONS (DRESDEN that is!). YOU CAN DO IT!

p.s., As to LC, if they run up score on us, #### for tat man. That always increased my motivation to do better & be better so it'd never happen again. And the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th stringers (who keeps on scoring) want to show out too & earn more playing time. It's all good imho & part of the game. Just don't taunt nor rub another's face in it. That's crossing the line & if coaches see that, better nip it in bud! And if that's the attitude & culture instilled into a team, time for a new coach! ASAP! Don't care who it is. But, that's just the myopic view of this old hick from the sticks. I don't know any better. LIONS ALL THE WAY! WOOO-WHOO! 

Good to hear your thoughts Hevy, wish I was as confident as everyone else seems to be. I think it'll be a hard fought game from both sides... don't know what brings out the best in teams, a good win and confidence boost the week before, or a reality (gut) check. I don't think my Lions will be overconfident, and I wouldn't think yours would be down after a loss, so may the best team win, and hope that everyone comes out healthy when it's over!

Sounds like you may not be able to be there? I know how you love your team, if there's any way I can help you to be here Friday night, ask and it's done. Transportation from the lot to the field, special seating, heck even air conditioned environment (if you can bear to be in the announcers booth with our guys), anything I missed, just name it.

27 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Hope you get to feeling better heavy

Edited by Guidance1812

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Good to hear your thoughts Hevy, wish I was as confident as everyone else seems to be. I think it'll be a hard fought game from both sides... don't know what brings out the best in teams, a good win and confidence boost the week before, or a reality (gut) check. I don't think my Lions will be overconfident, and I wouldn't think yours would be down after a loss, so may the best team win, and hope that everyone comes out healthy when it's over!

Sounds like you may not be able to be there? I know how you love your team, if there's any way I can help you to be here Friday night, ask and it's done. Transportation from the lot to the field, special seating, heck even air conditioned environment (if you can bear to be in the announcers booth with our guys), anything I missed, just name it.

Wow. I'm.. idk what to sày. ... I'm gobsmacked. Thank you Two, and Guidance for your uplifting words of encouragement. Dude.. I'm truly humbled tradertwo at your generous offer. And if I could get there I definitely would and would also take you up on your offers. All of them. Ha.. I can't help but think, here are "opponents" & "strangers" offering a red carpet treatment to me, yet according to some the hometown crowd here in Dresden would hàve a hooting hollering grand ol time if they saw me roll down the stairs, and if I were on fire they wouldn't use hog farm slop from next door to put me out. Probably start a betting pool instead on how long I last, how much screaming I do, or which parts burn the worst. roflmho!!! Man oh man, the volumes of life lessons I could wax long on right now. But I won't. .. From the depths of my heart Tradetwo I thank you. You blessed me deeply saying what you did, and it came at a time I really needed to hear it, too. Oh wow.. makes me almost embarrassed or sumin to say I can't come, like I'm being disrespectful or something. I'm at a loss of words. My heart is filled with gratitude, my eyes all wet & blurry, and my mind racing in all kinds of directions. ... Wow. Again, thank you.. I really, Reàlly, REALLY wish I could go now. But borrowing some divine intervention & mini-miracles on my end, (& all things ARE possible with the Lord- I got a book full of His doings in fact!), I won't physically be there. At least at this moment I have to sayI can't. But IF He does make a way, yessiree, I will take you up on all the above (which I would need all you mentioned, & would sit where my gracious host told me, and even be quiet unless first spoken to... an old-school woodshed lesson momma taught me that still holds sway!). .. For real, I can't see me going, but if so. I WILL be in touch & let you know. And I know it'd be a great time had by all, especially me!  

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

My guess is by season's end there will be some folks up the road feeling a LOT more pressure.