Week 3: Dyer County (2-0) @ Henry County (0-2)

PatriotNation

1 hour ago, Robojoe said:

LOL... Dang y'all are a little sensitive in here. I meant no disrespect honestly. I said " They may still not be on Henry County's level but we will see. " I agree Henry county is the favorite to win this game however all I said was if you overlook them because its DC and you "Always" dominate them then they may surprise you. Henry county is starting a freshman QB that would have been second string at Westview if that's not "down a little" what would be?

You have no idea what I know. Seriously. 

Speaking of down, let’s talk about that purple team in your avatar. B) And before you say they tied HC in a scrimmage, let’s not forget they didn’t have a single first down and scored on 3 busted plays. One of which was against the back ups. In regards to our QB being a backup in Martin, most QB’s across the state would be a backup to the Simpson kid. He’s a very good player, but ours isn’t too bad either. There’s a reason he’s ranked #1 in the state for his class. The kid is going to be something special. And he carved up that bulldog defense in our scrimmage. He beat out a junior and two sophomores to win the job, played tough against #1 Haywood on the road, and had #2 Beech on the ropes at Shackle Island. I wouldn’t trade him for yours or most anyone else’s, I do know that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robojoe said:

LOL... Dang y'all are a little sensitive in here. I meant no disrespect honestly. I said " They may still not be on Henry County's level but we will see. " I agree Henry county is the favorite to win this game however all I said was if you overlook them because its DC and you "Always" dominate them then they may surprise you. Henry county is starting a freshman QB that would have been second string at Westview if that's not "down a little" what would be?

I am not even a HC supporter but don't back peddle now, Martin's QB is a soph and the #4 ranked QB in his class in the country, the freshman at HC is good enough to start now and didn't want to wait until his senior year.....

Edited by Kevin38
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Worth noting. La'Quinton Wells RB for Dyer County had 9 carries for 225 yards and 4 TD's against Obion Central

Obion Central is terrible and Crockett County had 8 starters suspended for the first game. I was told that by the dad of CC quarterback. I don't know if that is true or not but I wouldn't think the man had a reason to not tell the truth. Henry County should win this game by 3 or more TDs.

6 hours ago, Robojoe said:

I don't doubt that Dyer County is improved this year, they're just very likely about to run into a different class of opponent than what they have seen thus far. I'm not sure what year the QB is has to do with anything, but it's definitely not what I'd use as an "up or down" barometer. Most schools around the state would be happy to have him, and he would be the starter at many of them. 

Does Dyer still run the same spread offense they have the last couple of years?  

To all the nonbelievers....even you HC fans, those Choctaws will be ready for war on Friday night. Sources tell me no one is giving them a shot. Predictions of 50-0 are being murmured on these CoachT streets and the locker rooms of both HC and DC. Be wary of these Choctaws bc they are not like the ones of old. They have been busting it during their offseason program and it has shown. Patriot fans are going to have nightmares of this game that is going to resemble Tennessee/Georgia State. 

11 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

To all the nonbelievers....even you HC fans, those Choctaws will be ready for war on Friday night. Sources tell me no one is giving them a shot. Predictions of 50-0 are being murmured on these CoachT streets and the locker rooms of both HC and DC. Be wary of these Choctaws bc they are not like the ones of old. They have been busting it during their offseason program and it has shown. Patriot fans are going to have nightmares of this game that is going to resemble Tennessee/Georgia State. 

Does this mean they didn’t bust it in previous offseasons? 

43 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

I think DC will be improved from last year. They’ve played pretty well the first two weeks of the season. With that being said, they haven’t been tested the way HC has, nor the way HC will test them. I think it’ll be close in the first half, maybe 14 or 20 to 7. HC makes some adjustments at the half and it isn’t close. 33-14 HC wins their home opener.

• Like 1