Week 3: Dyer County (2-0) @ Henry County (0-2)

PatriotNation

Dyer County is up this year and apparently Henry Co is down a little. I don't think I'd trash talk much this week you'll end up 0-3 especially if you think you will just walk in and win because it's Dyer County. They are much improved. They may still not be on Henry County's level but we will see. 

10 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Have yall heard about Dyer County chanting "We Want Henry County" at their practices? Yep true story! After Dyer County's win tonight they posted on twitter #BeatHenry. Interesting from a team that is only 2-0 because they beat Crockett County and Obion Central! #scheduletougheropponents! See yall next week!

Crocket is usually good, but down this year and Obion is a rival. 

1 hour ago, Robojoe said:

Dyer County is up this year and apparently Henry Co is down a little. I don't think I'd trash talk much this week you'll end up 0-3 especially if you think you will just walk in and win because it's Dyer County. They are much improved. They may still not be on Henry County's level but we will see. 

HC played 2 very good teams in the 1st 2 games, they may be 0-2 but they are not down...

HC by at least 21

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't know about practice chants, but I'm sure this being a region game and the first home game is all the motivation we will need. Plus we really need to get in the win column this week with Brentwood and @Clarksville looming. I thought our offense, especially the O-line, showed a good deal of improvement against Beech. And aside from a few plays here and there the defense continued to ball out. Carry that same intensity into week 3 and I think we'll be in pretty good shape. Nobody on the HC side will be sleepwalking through this game. 

3 hours ago, Robojoe said:

Henry County isnt "down". See that's the problem with people who dont know football lol. If Dyer County played Haywood and Beech they would have mopped the floor with Dyer! If we play Obion and Crockett we would be 2-0. Is Obion and Crockett a favorite to go to Cookeville this year? NOPE! Is Haywood and Beech favorites to go to Cookeville! YEP! that's the difference my man! If not for a field goal miss that our kicker usually makes we beat Beech! So get out of here with that!

• Upvote 1

HC is not down. Keep thinking that and see what next Saturday morning feels like. Lol

HC is pretty dang good. Beech found a way to win, but I don’t think they were ready for how physical HC was. It amazes me that people see 0-2 and think “HC must be down. We’ll get them this year”.

Silliness. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Henry County isnt "down". See that's the problem with people who dont know football lol. If Dyer County played Haywood and Beech they would have mopped the floor with Dyer! If we play Obion and Crockett we would be 2-0. Is Obion and Crockett a favorite to go to Cookeville this year? NOPE! Is Haywood and Beech favorites to go to Cookeville! YEP! that's the difference my man! If not for a field goal miss that our kicker usually makes we beat Beech! So get out of here with that!

Being 0-2 isn’t the worst thing in the world, trust me. My Bobcats started 0-2 last year and we all saw what happened. HC is fine and anyone thinking they are down and out is just foolish.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Being 0-2 isn’t the worst thing in the world, trust me. My Bobcats started 0-2 last year and we all saw what happened. HC is fine and anyone thinking they are down and out is just foolish.

I have used that exact statement to tell the football players the same thing! I told them that Central was 0-2 last year and went on to win a State Championship! They seem to be motivated to get better! 

LOL... Dang y'all are a little sensitive in here. I meant no disrespect honestly. I said " They may still not be on Henry County's level but we will see. " I agree Henry county is the favorite to win this game however all I said was if you overlook them because its DC and you "Always" dominate them then they may surprise you. Henry county is starting a freshman QB that would have been second string at Westview if that's not "down a little" what would be?

1 hour ago, PatriotNation said:

See that's the problem with people who dont know football lol.

You have no idea what I know. Seriously. 

Edited by Robojoe

7 minutes ago, Robojoe said:

LOL... Dang y'all are a little sensitive in here. I meant no disrespect honestly. I said " They may still not be on Henry County's level but we will see. " I agree Henry county is the favorite to win this game however all I said was if you overlook them because its DC and you "Always" dominate them then they may surprise you. Henry county is starting a freshman QB that would have been second string at Westview if that's not "down a little" what would be?

You have no idea what I know. Seriously. 

If u knew football u wouldnt have made such a foolish statement! We are starting a freshman QB from Martin because he has more overall talent. Right now 2nd string at Martin doesnt mean you are a bad QB! They do have a big time QB that is getting looks from all the top colleges after all! So dont throw disrespect our way over that! I don't overlook anyone that is on our schedule! But it is hard to find respect in a team that cant stay within 33 points of us! 

• Thanks 1