Lake County at Dresden

lakecounty1968

Guest Vandyfan2

You lake county fans which would you say would be the best test for your ball team this season? I gotta make it to one of y’all games. Wanna see what all the hype is about especially after watch Greenback thrown the ball around last night. 

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I understand completely what you are saying. Lake County has real good kids that play the game the right way. Yes, LC wants payback but that's just football. It's a big region game for both teams. LC has the opportunity to show the rest of the region how things are going to go. Dresden has a chance to make a statement themselves. We will see how it turns out. I don't expect Dresden will lay down for LC. LC is coming off the two biggest wins of any 1A team in the state. That could work in Dresden's favor. LC will play a clean hard hitting game. The lions have been know to play the opposite way. I hope the new coach has instilled discipline in that program because the last two coaches didn't. That has alot to do with how the LC faithful feel about Dresden. Someone had to say it.

Yep

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I understand completely what you are saying. Lake County has real good kids that play the game the right way. Yes, LC wants payback but that's just football. It's a big region game for both teams. LC has the opportunity to show the rest of the region how things are going to go. Dresden has a chance to make a statement themselves. We will see how it turns out. I don't expect Dresden will lay down for LC. LC is coming off the two biggest wins of any 1A team in the state. That could work in Dresden's favor. LC will play a clean hard hitting game. The lions have been know to play the opposite way. I hope the new coach has instilled discipline in that program because the last two coaches didn't. That has alot to do with how the LC faithful feel about Dresden. Someone had to say it.

Yep, I knew the history, and the reputation that Dresden has had recently. Again, I don't mean to imply anything other that what is in black and white... certainly not that LC has intent to injure, just a hard lesson in payback. Believe me, I won't judge if it's 50 to 0 at the half.

Watching me some exciting college football games!!!, Got on the "T" to catch up some, & enjoyed reading these recent posts & input. Great opinions & insights imo. And sadly, hanging my head, yes, DHS has sometimes had, let's say, "attitude issues" in the past. Rubbing other's nose in it when whopping them, or trying to injure opponent's players when getting thumped, and such junk... imho that can not be tolerated. Ever. EVER!... Thus we have our new coach, who does appear to be bringing the proper attitude & culture to Dresden. And yes, revenge & paybacks are a huge, monstrous motivator. No way around it. Just human nature, esp. in sports like football. So one needs to know that is coming & play above it all. Being humble in victory and hopeful in defeat is the attitude of champon-hearted programs. And what y'all been saying I agree with 110%! . ..Such as playing that down all-out then help opponent up, tap helmet or pads with perhaps saying Way To Go or Good Effort, etc, that is the ideal  goal all teams should have imo as their attitude & culture. It's how winners & champs do it, right? And guess what? I think that all starts at home, around kitchen table or in living room, with dad & mom leading the way, doesn't it? And if the wrong "culture" starts infecting a team, then it's time for the community & individual families to have a check-up-from-the-neck-up, to look first in the mirror as the place to begin improvement & needed changes, and then unite in doing the right thing, owning-up to past problems & making the needed changes .. Methinks this is what Dresden has done. Getting new (& the proper kind of) leadership to help our Lions be a competitive, top-tier team with championship attitudes all around (staff, players, & fans). This wasn't done out of a whim or willy-nilly. BUT...  then again...  I'm just one lone guy, I'm definitely not part of any "inside the loop" or "in the know" crowd. I'm not even a local-yocal and am an import (illegal alien to some I'm sure).  I definitely do not speak for others around here, right? In fact, I'm a hypocritical, noisy windbag who puts a sour taste in others mouths & minds according to some (ha, must be my love of garlic, habaneros, anchovies, oodles of beans, & Limburger cheese I often eat- and it's this combo's after-effects oozing out of my pores). So whadda I know, eh? This old hick from the sticks may be completely self-deceived & living in la-la-land. If so, let me be. Ha!  I'm having myself a time & enjoying my make-believe island of looneyness. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! :-D:-D:-D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HevyReturns said:

Watching me some exciting college football games!!!, Got on the "T" to catch up some, & enjoyed reading these recent posts & input. Great opinions & insights imo. And sadly, hanging my head, yes, DHS has sometimes had, let's say, "attitude issues" in the past. Rubbing other's nose in it when whopping them, or trying to injure opponent's players when getting thumped, and such junk... imho that can not be tolerated. Ever. EVER!... Thus we have our new coach, who does appear to be bringing the proper attitude & culture to Dresden. And yes, revenge & paybacks are a huge, monstrous motivator. No way around it. Just human nature, esp. in sports like football. So one needs to know that is coming & play above it all. Being humble in victory and hopeful in defeat is the attitude of champon-hearted programs. And what y'all been saying I agree with 110%! . ..Such as playing that down all-out then help opponent up, tap helmet or pads with perhaps saying Way To Go or Good Effort, etc, that is the ideal  goal all teams should have imo as their attitude & culture. It's how winners & champs do it, right? And guess what? I think that all starts at home, around kitchen table or in living room, with dad & mom leading the way, doesn't it? And if the wrong "culture" starts infecting a team, then it's time for the community & individual families to have a check-up-from-the-neck-up, to look first in the mirror as the place to begin improvement & needed changes, and then unite in doing the right thing, owning-up to past problems & making the needed changes .. Methinks this is what Dresden has done. Getting new (& the proper kind of) leadership to help our Lions be a competitive, top-tier team with championship attitudes all around (staff, players, & fans). This wasn't done out of a whim or willy-nilly. BUT...  then again...  I'm just one lone guy, I'm definitely not part of any "inside the loop" or "in the know" crowd. I'm not even a local-yocal and am an import (illegal alien to some I'm sure).  I definitely do not speak for others around here, right? In fact, I'm a hypocritical, noisy windbag who puts a sour taste in others mouths & minds according to some (ha, must be my love of garlic, habaneros, anchovies, oodles of beans, & Limburger cheese I often eat- and it's this combo's after-effects oozing out of my pores). So whadda I know, eh? This old hick from the sticks may be completely self-deceived & living in la-la-land. If so, let me be. Ha!  I'm having myself a time & enjoying my make-believe island of looneyness. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! :-D:-D:-D

You have posted twice in this thread, first one is hard to tell if your a Lion fan or not. Saying  just go on and take your whipping.   Now saying you hope they play a non confrontation game. WAKE UP ITS FOOTBALL if you dont want to hit or be hit buy a ticket. Shake my head.

11 minutes ago, Revrevitup said:

You have posted twice in this thread, first one is hard to tell if your a Lion fan or not. Saying  just go on and take your whipping.   Now saying you hope they play a non confrontation game. WAKE UP ITS FOOTBALL if you dont want to hit or be hit buy a ticket. Shake my head.

No cure for what ailes you. Sad really. Go post somewhere where folk would care what you say. Oh. Sorry. That would be no where, right? And those fake monikers/id's you created to make it appear others agree with you...  pit..eee..full! You're a piece of work. 

20 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

No cure for what ailes you. Sad really. Go post somewhere where folk would care what you say. Oh. Sorry. That would be no where, right? And those fake monikers/id's you created to make it appear others agree with you...  pit..eee..full! You're a piece of work. 

Now that is the pot calling the kettle black.