Lake County at Dresden

lakecounty1968

Lake county wins this game by as much as they want. 

Side note: I haven't seen y'all play in years, since last time y'all traveled to Huntingdon in the playoffs. I knew y'all had talent this year and speed but I did not realize how big you guys are. Only saw a few plays on the 5th quarter tonight and I was very surprised. You definitely out size us, I just hope we can out match that with our speed. Number 5 for y'all looked like a beast.

Edited by MustangGuru
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, MustangGuru said:

Lake county wins this game by as much as they want. 

Side note: I haven't seen y'all play in years, since last time y'all traveled to Huntingdon in the playoffs. I knew y'all had talent this year and speed but I did not realize how big you guys are. Only saw a few plays on the 5th quarter tonight and I was very surprised. You definitely out size us, I just hope we can out match that with our speed. Number 5 for y'all looked like a beast.

It really should be a good game,all kidding aside.if the two teams meet.#5 is LC qb Snyder.

Yeppers... this is such an obvious gimme game & slam dunk for LC this year, we prob gonna either forfeit or start all 3rd & 4th stringers. Maybe see about, if it's 'legal' per TSSAA, start 8th & 7th graders (hearing we got some studs & beasts coming up). Why risk more starters & key players getting injured? We need to save everyone for playoffs, right? So there it is. Our upcoming game plan & strategy to deal with the Falcon juggernaut that's headed our way. 

Or

is

it? .... :-D

14 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Yeppers... this is such an obvious gimme game & slam dunk for LC this year, we prob gonna either forfeit or start all 3rd & 4th stringers. Maybe see about, if it's 'legal' per TSSAA, start 8th & 7th graders (hearing we got some studs & beasts coming up). Why risk more starters & key players getting injured? We need to save everyone for playoffs, right? So there it is. Our upcoming game plan & strategy to deal with the Falcon juggernaut that's headed our way. 

Or

is

it? .... :-D

I sense?  What do I sense? :?: lol

Lake County comfortably. What is yet to be seen is how much vengeance the coaches want to extract from the current Lion team for past actions of coaches and kids no longer there, and how much risk they are willing to take to get it.

Last night I watched a kid loaded into an ambulance, with his parents and grandparents watching, and though he will be fine in time, he's more than likely played his last game this year. The hit was one on one, no blindside, nothing late or dirty, and not particularly hard. How will the Falcon fans react if they're up by a bunch and a key player suffers the same fate, when he could have been enjoying watching his teammates get some playing time?

All this talk is subjective... Dresden might make a game of it, or maybe not, and it's none of my concern either way if LC does their best to embarrass Dresden, just throwing some food for thought out there. 

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Lake County comfortably. What is yet to be seen is how much vengeance the coaches want to extract from the current Lion team for past actions of coaches and kids no longer there, and how much risk they are willing to take to get it.

Last night I watched a kid loaded into an ambulance, with his parents and grandparents watching, and though he will be fine in time, he's more than likely played his last game this year. The hit was one on one, no blindside, nothing late or dirty, and not particularly hard. How will the Falcon fans react if they're up by a bunch and a key player suffers the same fate, when he could have been enjoying watching his teammates get some playing time?

All this talk is subjective... Dresden might make a game of it, or maybe not, and it's none of my concern either way if LC does their best to embarrass Dresden, just throwing some food for thought out there. 

We are mainly just having fun. We do owe Dresden. I have seen and experienced gruesome injuries on the football field and that is the last thing I want to see for any team. The current freshmen at LC was on the field for that beating Dresden put on us. So that is motivation for them. I really think if LC gets a comfortable lead they will pull their starters. All this talk is from us fans and for fun.

Edited by lakecounty1968

4 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

We are mainly just having fun. We do owe Dresden. I have seen and experienced gruesome injuries on the football field and that is the last thing I want to see for any team. The current freshmen at LC was on the field for that beating Dresden put on us. So that is motivation for them. I really think if LC gets a comfortable lead they will pull their starters. All this talk is from us fans and for fun.

I don't want to seem as if I'm passing judgement, because I have been on both sides. The fact that LC remembers so well just shows that it evokes feelings. I will forever remember Perry County coming to our house with a hard loaded team led by Jacob Tucker, and although the score was lopsided against us, the thing that stands out is the class that those young men had. No trash talk or showmanship on their part, and they went out of their way to help our kids up and a pat on the helmet or behind after a good effort. I will forever be a Viking fan just for that, and I think the score was 56 or so to maybe 10 or 14. On the other side of that, we got Riverside a couple of years back about that bad, or worse. They're our biggest rival, and for a while it felt good. Our reserves scored almost at will too, because all the fight was gone from the Panthers by halftime, and I just wanted it to be over... nothing good for either team comes after a certain point.

Falcons owe the lions a beating,  seems like some would imply we coming to play dirty,  

A win is what it means. Running clock maybe, I hope so.

there is not a person this side of the spillway that would want anyone to get injured, and there is not a coach on our staff or a player on this team that would wish that on anyone playing the game of football. 

Coach t is a message board to talk a little smack, that is all

tick tock 

Sounds like Dresden wants to throw in the towel

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I don't want to seem as if I'm passing judgement, because I have been on both sides. The fact that LC remembers so well just shows that it evokes feelings. I will forever remember Perry County coming to our house with a hard loaded team led by Jacob Tucker, and although the score was lopsided against us, the thing that stands out is the class that those young men had. No trash talk or showmanship on their part, and they went out of their way to help our kids up and a pat on the helmet or behind after a good effort. I will forever be a Viking fan just for that, and I think the score was 56 or so to maybe 10 or 14. On the other side of that, we got Riverside a couple of years back about that bad, or worse. They're our biggest rival, and for a while it felt good. Our reserves scored almost at will too, because all the fight was gone from the Panthers by halftime, and I just wanted it to be over... nothing good for either team comes after a certain point.

I understand completely what you are saying. Lake County has real good kids that play the game the right way. Yes, LC wants payback but that's just football. It's a big region game for both teams. LC has the opportunity to show the rest of the region how things are going to go. Dresden has a chance to make a statement themselves. We will see how it turns out. I don't expect Dresden will lay down for LC. LC is coming off the two biggest wins of any 1A team in the state. That could work in Dresden's favor. LC will play a clean hard hitting game. The lions have been know to play the opposite way. I hope the new coach has instilled discipline in that program because the last two coaches didn't. That has alot to do with how the LC faithful feel about Dresden. Someone had to say it.

Edited by lakecounty1968