Milan @ South Gibson

ManOfMillions

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

When the school was built there was not stadium budgeted.... We may not have a lot but we have come a long long way since the beginning. The playing surface is not as nice as some but it is very serviceable. We had porta potties the first season and a make shift shed for a concession stand. The middle school booster club paid part, high school football parents signed a bank loan for part, Medina Banking company paid for score board, several other local businesses chipped in and paid for other parts just so we could have a field. 

Enough of that. Let's talk about the game. 

I guess I would be interested in knowing why the school system that you were in did not budget for a stadium. That makes no sense to not budget for a stadium if you're going to have a team. If South Gibson is not already, they soon will be the largest school in Gibson County. With that being said you have the smallest stadium in the county. Again, that makes no sense. Yes I realize that there are multiple school systems within that County. It seems to me that the folks at South Gibson ought to be asking your school board why they didn't properly fund the building of that school and the necessary facilities.

Since these are both Region 7-3A foes, I don't have a preference as to who wins this. I have looked at some data, however. Here are three data points:

• First, Milan is ranked # 9 in the latest AP poll for 3A. South Gibson is not mentioned.
  • Second, Sonny_Moore shows S. Gibson to be a 20 point favorite (17 point difference in rating plus 3 points for home field)
  • Third, Project_A_Matchup shows S. Gibson to win by 10 points.

So, "you pays your money and you takes your chances" as they say. I'm interested in the outcome but I'm not making a pick.

18 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I will favour Milan in this game. Hoping that the purple puppies take the sting out of South Gibson. As everyone knows, Milan fans who want a decent seat will have to arrive early. I have never understood why a school the size of South Gibson does not provide bigger and better stands for the visitors. Heck even their home side stands are smallish for a school that size. You would think with all the money that's rolling in to South Gibson County that they would be able to afford some upgrades to the stands and quite frankly hopefully the playing surface as well. I don't often say this so BPM had better listen close when I say good luck to the Milan Bulldogs this Friday.

Sore loser ??? 

2 hours ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

Sore loser ??? 

I see that mister know-it-all has jumped in on this thread. Well Sparky I will tell you that I am most definitely not a sore loser about the game last Friday. I figured that South Gibson would have been the favorite and they were. I knew exactly what they were going to do and how to stop it on almost every play. Sadly, my eligibility is long past. Finally, there is nothing wrong with my post. It is pure facts. Perhaps you better get to worrying about how your team can avoid going o and 3 to start the season. I am also Friends with several people who are associated with the Milan program. Heck, I even like BPM. So there is absolutely nothing for me to be sore about. I made this pic because I like some of the people associated with the Marlin program. If you can't deal with that, all I can say is tough.

Edited by ReitzFan

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I see that mister know-it-all has jumped in on this thread. Well Sparky I will tell you that I am most definitely not a sore loser about the game last Friday. I figured that South Gibson would have been the favorite and they were. I knew exactly what they were going to do and how to stop it on almost every play. Sadly, my eligibility is long past. Finally, there is nothing wrong with my post. It is pure facts. Perhaps you better get to worrying about how your team can avoid going o and 3 to start the season. I am also Friends with several people who are associated with the Milan program. Heck, I even like BPM. So there is absolutely nothing for me to be sore about. I made this pic because I like some of the people associated with the Marlin program. If you can't deal with that, all I can say is tough.

Mr know it all when have I said that? Also I would like to know who my team is or better yet who you think my team is.