AP CLASS 2A POLL SEPT 2, 2019

Southtowner

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Definitely a top 6-10 team. They put Oneida out last year and are supposed to be better this year. I would probably take Mitchell out put them in there somewhere. I dont know alot about Mitchell ate they good?

Other than that, I'd probably have the same poll.

I don't know about us being 10 yet. 

Edited by crow

51 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Just looked up their competition, I'm not sold lol. I'll give them a few games.

Unlike most smaller Memphis schools, Mitchell (and Sheffield) have traditionally fielded good football teams. That and $5.00 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. I'm going to side with you however, and say that I'll have to see all the Memphis schools win some games against non metro schools before I'm bought in to the hype. Include 1A Freedom Prep and Fairley. I would figure them to be talented, but talent alone will not win playoff games against rural West Tn. teams that advance, even though we're down as a whole. 

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Unlike most smaller Memphis schools, Mitchell (and Sheffield) have traditionally fielded good football teams. That and $5.00 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. I'm going to side with you however, and say that I'll have to see all the Memphis schools win some games against non metro schools before I'm bought in to the hype. Include 1A Freedom Prep and Fairley. I would figure them to be talented, but talent alone will not win playoff games against rural West Tn. teams that advance, even though we're down as a whole. 

That's what I'm saying bud, their wins are on schools who are both 0-2 and ranked terribly by preps. Not saying they arent good. Just not certain being 2-0 with that schedule warrants a top 10 is all. I could be wrong though just need to see a quality win to convince me.:thumb:

On 9/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, Imthayeti said:

I like your list you think South Greene would interchange with the last 4 by chance?

Mine compared to Sonny.

26 PEABODY  2 0 0 88.72 119.72

61 TYNER  1 0 0 92.97 111.34

75 TROUSDALE COUNTY  1 0 0 109.86 108.73

85 FAIRLEY  2 0 0 76.49 106.40

88 LEWIS COUNTY  1 0 0 96.43 105.45

115 BLEDSOE COUNTY  2 0 0 102.00 100.05

120 FORREST  2 0 0 83.30 99.84

121 MITCHELL  2 0 0 75.19 99.64 

127 ONEIDA  2 0 0 88.53 98.37

139 MEIGS COUNTY  2 0 0 88.39 97.71

He has South Greene at 13 and Happy Valley at 17.

162 SOUTH GREENE  2 0 0 82.64 93.10

184 HAPPY VALLEY  2 0 0 79.35 89.91

SouthTown Top 10

1. Peabody
  2. Meigs County
  3. Trousdale County
  4. Tyner Academy
  5. Fairley
  6. Lewis County
  7. Oneida
  8. Mitchell
  9. Forrest
  10. Happy Valley

Yeti Top 10

1. Peabody
  2. Tyner
  3. Trousdale
  4. Meigs
  5. Fairley
  6. Lewis County
  7. Oneida
  8. South Greene
  9. Forrest
  10. Happy Valley

No reason to put Meigs above Trousdale as I dont feel like since they beat us last time we met we deserve that jump. Tyner is playing great at this time I feel like they are a solid 2nd. I also feel like 5-10 could easily interchange. Honorable mention for me would be Eagleville and Mitchell. Bledsoe deserves mention, however I feel like they will get blown out come Friday against Tyner.

1 hour ago, Galilee said:

Many are saying this is one of Mitchell's bter teams. The QB was hurt and missed a lot of game last year. If we can develop depth by seasons a deep run is possible.

They having s good year so far. I believe Fairley is really good. If they keep it close there or better yet beat Fairley in a few weeks I'll be a believer.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:17 AM, Imthayeti said:

Yeti Top 12

1. Peabody 3-0
  2. Tyner 2-0
  3. Meigs Co. 3-0
  4. Lewis County 2-0
  5. Forrest 3-0
  6. Watertown 2-1
  7. Oneida 3-0
  8. Trousdale 1-1
  9. South Greene 3-0
  10. Happy Valley 3-0
  11. Mitchell 3-0
  12. Bledsoe Co. 2-1

This is how I reflect the wins and losses so far this past Friday. Feel free to post your own top 10 folks. I'm curious how you all think things have changed since last week.

46 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

This is how I reflect the wins and losses so far this past Friday. Feel free to post your own top 10 folks. I'm curious how you all think things have changed since last week.

I was gonna wait till the AP came out.  I put mine together last night. So since you asked here it is:

SouthTown Top 10
  1. Peabody
  2. Meigs County
  3. Tyner Academy
  4. Fairley
  5. Lewis County
  6. Oneida
  7. Trousdale County
  8. Mitchell
  9. Forrest
  10. (tie) South Greene - Watertown