The tough road continues this week for Henry County

OmahaPatriot

6 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Heck of a game by the Henry County Patriots! Defense played lights out!!! Huge win for us and big moving forward! Did we just beat big mighty Brentwood with a freshman QB?????

Not just with a freshman QB man. An entire team effort that shows its ability once again to do what needs to be done to take care of each other. Thoroughly enjoyed tonight’s game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatriotNation said:

Heck of a game by the Henry County Patriots! Defense played lights out!!! Huge win for us and big moving forward! Did we just beat big mighty Brentwood with a freshman QB?????

Yes we did. The freshman is cold as ice. Kid went 12/19 for 104. Those numbers won’t jump off the page, but against a defense as good as Brentwood, you couldn’t ask him to be more calm, cool, and efficient. 

The defense is a force. I’m not sure I would trade our secondary for any in the state. 

That said, I’m still high off a big win, but I’m proud of these guys. That’s not the same team that went to Brownsville 3 weeks ago. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MSURacer said:

Yes we did. The freshman is cold as ice. Kid went 12/19 for 104. Those numbers won’t jump off the page, but against a defense as good as Brentwood, you couldn’t ask him to be more calm, cool, and efficient. 

The defense is a force. I’m not sure I would trade our secondary for any in the state. 

That said, I’m still high off a big win, but I’m proud of these guys. That’s not the same team that went to Brownsville 3 weeks ago. 

Good win for Henry Co.  I guess the Patriots are getting better.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Exactly right my man! And what a crowd!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedtaco said:

Not just with a freshman QB man. An entire team effort that shows its ability once again to do what needs to be done to take care of each other. Thoroughly enjoyed tonight’s game. 

Yes entire team got this win. I just threw it out about the freshman QB because people having giving him heat and stuff but defense is legit! Reminded me tonight of those championship years defenses!!

1 minute ago, SEC1rules said:

Big #99 closed the game out with some serious pressure on the last 2 plays. Forced the QB to get rid of the ball quickly. #8 laid some licks in the secondary too. Some of those WRs had gator arms late. 

#99 is a beast. He was also a 1-man wrecking crew against Beech. 

Totally agreed about their WRs. There were also 1 or 2 miscommunications that they probably could’ve scored on. That said, I won’t take anything away from the D tonight. They brought it full throttle for 4 quarters.