The Official Alcoa vs Maryville

BCsportsfan

13 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Serious questions:

#1 - Is the tailgate inside the stadium in BC's prime parking spot? 

b. - Will they let me walk in with a cooler full of Dr. Pepper for the tailgate or a covered dish?

Three. - Will Pancakes be served? :roflol::rolleyes:

LOL. We were discussing you and Pancakes earlier this morning. 

What a day that was. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question. You guys still running that 3-4 on D??  I know the goons weren’t to happy with how it was working out. Do you think Nix will stick with it against Murvail and will it be effective??

It has been working well.......

Blackman started to overload the edge for a couple of series. Alcoa went to the "jumbo" and forced the edge run back inside and shut it down. Blackman only had 64 yards after the adjustments. Also, They move personal around every down now and it is even harder to cover.

I don't see Maryville running in the middle as much as the edges?? Moving #1, #2, #44, #64 around to adjust will be key. Trying to stop #1 when he is on the edge is TOUGH!

I expect a lot of short passes from Maryville? Alcoa's OLB's are more like DB's in this 3-4. #5 and #13 are fast!  Should work well if there is not too much "cushion" ? CAK used to use the short passes and it took sometime to adjust and tighten up on those routes. If Alcoa struggles, It might be keeping Maryville pass attack in check?

I hope Alcoa can run the ball well. If so, all the other pieces fall into place!:thumb:

26 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Serious questions:

#1 - Is the tailgate inside the stadium in BC's prime parking spot? 

b. - Will they let me walk in with a cooler full of Dr. Pepper for the tailgate or a covered dish?

Three. - Will Pancakes be served? :roflol::rolleyes:

Yes, Somehow I came up with End zone parking?!:huh: Bring something would be GREAT!...if allowed?

Us GOONS will setup at 4:00. Gates open at 5:00 But, with it being so hot(saying upper 90's), we axed the idea of a hot grill.....for coolers full of drinks and maybe ice cream! Maybe some other treats??

We'll put up the GOON banner and Canopy, ...and hope to see ALL CoachT'er!!!:thumb:

..........Momma STARS will be dish'n out the Pancakes!!:o

• Like 1

I think this is going to be a barnburner of a football game. I'm picking Alcoa by 3 points. Something like 24-21. I've had people in my local area ask me how a Class 3A school in Alcoa could beat a Class 6A school in Maryville? Both are typical state powerhouses but people say that Maryville just has too much for Alcoa.

I don't see it that way. I'm neither an Alcoa or Maryville fan either. I just love good football games. This just might be the best regular season football game of the season. I think the Tornadoes pull it out by probably only a FG. I don't see either team winning by more than 7 points though. 

Edited by tonybologna

Just now, Throwdeslant said:

Have fun at the fair tomorrow night Barn! :lol: 

I got out of it Slant. Miss Barney didn't realize the game was the same day. Turtle posted a good fight someone recorded at the fair on social media and there must of been a dozen people involved. If you were in the way you got swept up in it. Don't think I could run that fast anymore.