Hardin Valley (1-3) @ Dobyns-Bennett (3-0)

DBKPT93

7 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Waco - are you just sandbagging here or do you really think it will be a good game?   I am needing a game to see this week and have a good friend whose son plays for DB.   I just don't want to sit through a 40-7 type of game, which I tend to think this one will be.

With HVA, it’s tough to say. They definitely aren’t doing well so far this year so at first glance it does appear DB can run away with it. And they very well may. But HVA played Central closer than I would have expected (and I know central is a defensive team too). And they usually catch someone sleeping on them every year..last year it was Bearden, the year before it was Farragut. They are capable, they are just unfocused and inconsistent. And DB probably does have more talent. But HV has some solid players. 

I'd take DB in this one but the score could be close. DB has looked good through 3 but WaCo is completely correct. DB has not faced a solid team so far so they haven't been truly tested against high caliber talent. It's easy to look good against over matched teams but how will they do when they meet a team on par or better? That is when we will really see what type of team DB has this season. These 1st 3 games were window dressing. That being said, 3 wins is still 3 wins so it's always positive in some form. 

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Waco - are you just sandbagging here or do you really think it will be a good game?   I am needing a game to see this week and have a good friend whose son plays for DB.   I just don't want to sit through a 40-7 type of game, which I tend to think this one will be.

Harden Valley is obviously a better team than DB has faced in the first three games and they never beat any of those teams 40-7 so....   I just think DB has not been tested. They caught Oak Ridge asleep at the wheel, Everybody is beating Bearden this year and if the TH quarterback hadn't got knocked out of the game that game would of been close. Seems like everybody is down this year. We might not know what kind of team we have until the Alcoa game.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

43 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Harden Valley is obviously a better team than DB has faced in the first three games and they never beat any of those teams 40-7 so....   I just think DB has not been tested. They caught Oak Ridge asleep at the wheel, Everybody is beating Bearden this year and if the TH quarterback hadn't got knocked out of the game that game would of been close. Seems like everybody is down this year. We might not know what kind of team we have until the Alcoa game.

We (OR) played terrible against HVA. I don't think HVA is very good and I doubt they'll even win over 2-3 games this year. I would expect DB to beat them by as much as they want. They have a fast running back and a great defensive end but that's about it.

8 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

DB should take care of business this week.If however the team ever starts reading about how great they are { and big time when it's the playoffs }They need to watch the 2008 first round game film of the number one and undefeated Dobyns Bennett team playing a 6-4 McMinn team.

True statement.  But coaching seems to have changed for the better - which should fix that very old problem (remember Knox Karnes?).  Watchword: "seems". 

Other than getting continually torched on long pass plays, and being unable to stop the run, the HV defense actually played pretty good.     I would guess the offense had -40 yards rushing on the night, maybe 11 yards passing.    Not sure they ever got past the 50.     DB just looked solid at every position, I don't see anybody being able to hang with them until the last game.

18 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Other than getting continually torched on long pass plays, and being unable to stop the run, the HV defense actually played pretty good.     I would guess the offense had -40 yards rushing on the night, maybe 11 yards passing.    Not sure they ever got past the 50.     DB just looked solid at every position, I don't see anybody being able to hang with them until the last game.

Yeah you're right, Other than not being able to stop the run or the pass they looked really good lol. All kidding aside, DB's secondary looked like a pro team compared to HV. Now that's saying something. I actually think DB could of thrown it over the top on every play and they couldn't stop it. 

Just now, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah you're right, Other than not being able to stop the run or the pass they looked really good lol. All kidding aside, DB's secondary looked like a pro team compared to HV. Now that's saying something. I actually think DB could of thrown it over the top on every play and they couldn't stop it. 

Next week will be a repeat of tonight.