South Pittsburg vs Red Bank (Grider against this Brown man)

Roy Dillard

Man what a game/atmosphere tomorrow night is shaping up to be. First, the Pirates are going to have their hands full in this one. I thought before the season that the Pirates needed all hands on deck to beat Red Bank. Unfortunately, key starters are out for tomorrow but that's football. 

As for the game, Red Bank will test SP like we haven't been this season at all. I would say that they have an advantage at every single position on the field. We haven't saw anyone that spreads the field or has athletes like they do. It's not the athletes that concern me the most, it's the guys up front. They have some really impressive linemen. If we don't get hat on a hat it may be an ugly night for us. On the flip side, Red Bank doesn't see teams run the ball like we do. You look at their game against Signal, another wing-t team and Signal did some things that made them uncomfortable at times. This game, win or lose, will only make both teams better come playoff time. I think the Pirates can compete but it's going to be awfully tough to win. If we somehow pull it out it should turn some heads. Go Pirates

32 minutes ago, powerp said:

Man what a game/atmosphere tomorrow night is shaping up to be. First, the Pirates are going to have their hands full in this one. I thought before the season that the Pirates needed all hands on deck to beat Red Bank. Unfortunately, key starters are out for tomorrow but that's football. 

As for the game, Red Bank will test SP like we haven't been this season at all. I would say that they have an advantage at every single position on the field. We haven't saw anyone that spreads the field or has athletes like they do. It's not the athletes that concern me the most, it's the guys up front. They have some really impressive linemen. If we don't get hat on a hat it may be an ugly night for us. On the flip side, Red Bank doesn't see teams run the ball like we do. You look at their game against Signal, another wing-t team and Signal did some things that made them uncomfortable at times. This game, win or lose, will only make both teams better come playoff time. I think the Pirates can compete but it's going to be awfully tough to win. If we somehow pull it out it should turn some heads. Go Pirates

Of the predictions I’ve read I like yours the best. 

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Was that you beside the press box?

:ph34r:

That press box has 6 sides.  Front side, back side, right side, left side, inside and outside.  I was on the outside. 

Topside and bottom side?   Maybe 8 sides.  

I thought SPA played a close game considering some mistakes that were made.  Failure to score on the drive right before the half then the 2nd half kickoff from Sequatchie just laid there till they came down and fell on the ball.  Then the 2 fumbles just compounded an already uphill battle.  Sequatchie played a good clean game. 

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

:ph34r:

That press box has 6 sides.  Front side, back side, right side, left side, inside and outside.  I was on the outside. 

Topside and bottom side?   Maybe 8 sides.  

I thought SPA played a close game considering some mistakes that were made.  Failure to score on the drive right before the half then the 2nd half kickoff from Sequatchie just laid there till they came down and fell on the ball.  Then the 2 fumbles just compounded an already uphill battle.  Sequatchie played a good clean game. 

Yeah, SPA had chances to take this one but just shot themselves in the foot too many times.  

Just now, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yeah, SPA had chances to take this one but just shot themselves in the foot too many times.  

I thought the turning point was failure to score right before halftime and then not getting on the 2nd half kickoff that just laid in no man's land.  I believe Sequatchie scored on the next play to go up by 2 TD's.  Still SPA had a shot to take the lead but an unfortunate fumble hurt then another fumble on a very good kickoff return.  Like you said just too many mistakes.  

I would have liked to have seen Spring City since they were the regular season champion but wasn't able to attend and most likely won't travel there next week to see them host Sequatchie for the championship.  

In all honesty,  this new format that is in place I'm not really a fan of.  

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I started to step inside the pressbox and run the game clock.  I didn't wanna be known for pulling a 'Jasper' and have no one to run it.  

I thought about it too. But had no clue what to do so I left it up to someone else. I would have cheated though- I wouldn't have started it after the 'spike.'

I will say though,  the Academy has some good looking athletes coming up. 

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, powerp said:

Good post and good luck to the boys tonight hope the kids get healthy and stay that way!Gonna be some great games this year.