AP CLASS 2A POLL SEPT 23, 2019

Southtowner

2 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

Meigs has more people on here than most. With the exception of a few schools (GB, SP, TC). We’re just not on here all day, everyday like some are. Haha

I get on here while getting paid for it mostly. It quickens my day somewhat. In that aspect, whatever I can do to pass the day up more quickly I'll do it.

Edited by Imthayeti

7 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

A great tough game? We spanked you twice when you were supposed to be all world.

We sucked the last two years. We might suck next year. But we have a great group of seniors who are fulfilling expectations and leading. 

"A great tough game"

Ok. 

man, I literally don't know how you took this post and got all butt hurt. in 2015 and 2016 Forrest vs Watertown was a great matchup with tough play on both sides. 2017 was another tough game and last year we pimped slapped y'all. I really meant no disrespect to Forrest as a school I was just genuinely curious.  But if your going to get all butthurt over getting beat bad in one game I definitely lost some respect for that fanbase.

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

I know all about the Dye's. (Fished with Darby all the time when I was growing up). My father, Uncle, Aunt, and a 1st cousin all graduated from SG. (I may or may not be related to the principal :lol:)  Devin definitely is homegrown and the Dye/Casteel name is well known in the SG community.  I wasn't meaning for it to sound like Devin was the sole reason for them being better because I know how hard the big boys have worked, but getting a 2 time state champion who has faced competition he has definitely didn't hurt.

I also grew up with a lot of SG boys playing sports and love how they have gotten into coaching for the feeder programs into SG

Swipes you are right. Devin has been a big help and yes he has tons of quality experience that can only help us.  He’s really pushed us in the weight room, too.  We love having him at SG. 

16 hours ago, TheWacoKid said:

man, I literally don't know how you took this post and got all butt hurt. in 2015 and 2016 Forrest vs Watertown was a great matchup with tough play on both sides. 2017 was another tough game and last year we pimped slapped y'all. I really meant no disrespect to Forrest as a school I was just genuinely curious.  But if your going to get all butthurt over getting beat bad in one game I definitely lost some respect for that fanbase.

Are you saying i was butthurt. just wanna be clear you only typed it 400x

thx

The business about Summertown...Yes, they got handled by Mt Pleasant in the first game. Mt Pleasant had a kid that ran a 4.2 40 verified by video on a recruiting site. He is now out and likely to miss another week. They were a top 10 team in 1A until they suffered a couple of injuries. Yes, ugly, but at the time not a bad loss based on what they had at that time.
Now for the rankings. Should Summertown be ranked? I dont think so at this point. That they didnt get 12 votes for the top 10 after taking down #3 is puzzling. I definitely feel they should have. Should SHS take care of business in the Pegasus Cup match up with Loretto and then pull off an upset over Forrest, then yes, rank them. I am more concerned with getting into the playoffs for only the second time in school history and the 5 year history of our program. I predicted before the season they would get in as the 4 seed from the region. Most in the region didnt think that would happen. It is looking now like they might get the 2 or the 3 possibly. We know that likely the 4 teams would be Forrest, Lewis County, Eagleville, and Summertown. Al it takes from that region to get in is 2 region wins. With Loretto and Community left, I think it is safe to say Summertown gets in.