Eagleville @ Lewis county

Jdman

9 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

that is true. they could very well beat Forrest. 

So if Forrest don’t beat LC but beats everyone else they could end up in 3rd place right?! Because you go by overall record then head to head? I’m confusing myself! @Southtowner can you educate me here I just can’t remember?

overall I mean Region then overall then head to head or do I have it backwards head to head then overall or a coin flip or a game played on a Saturday neutral field or General and ddaddy arm wrestling????

Edited by vandyfan1

19 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

So if Forrest don’t beat LC but beats everyone else they could end up in 3rd place right?! Because you go by overall record then head to head? I’m confusing myself! @Southtowner can you educate me here I just can’t remember?

overall I mean Region then overall then head to head or do I have it backwards head to head then overall or a coin flip or a game played on a Saturday neutral field or General and ddaddy arm wrestling????

I am man enough to admit that I would lose the arm wrestling match. If ST wins out and LC wins out and Forrests' only lost is to LC than there would be a 3 way tie. Head to head is the 1st tiebreaker which would be even the overall record would kick in. LC only playing 9 games would hurt.

III. GENERAL REGULATIONS (Division I: Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A)

A. In Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A, all teams are required to play all other teams within their region. The teams with the best region records shall be declared the region winner, runner-up, third and fourth place and shall advance to the first round of the football play-off series.

B. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

C. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams.

D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. Coin Flip

18 minutes ago, Salem said:

III. GENERAL REGULATIONS (Division I: Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A)

A. In Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A, all teams are required to play all other teams within their region. The teams with the best region records shall be declared the region winner, runner-up, third and fourth place and shall advance to the first round of the football play-off series.

B. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

C. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams.

D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. Coin Flip

Thanks for clearing that up.

On 9/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, vandyfan1 said:

It could come down to General and ddaddy in a thumb rasslin' contest.