McCallie @ Baylor

oldwiseone

3 hours ago, oldwiseone said:

McCallie's top 250 player, DE Jay Hardy was injured last night in a game against West Forsyth, GA. The sad part is it happened on an extra point when a player purposely threw his body at Jay's knees from the side. It was obvious and very dirty. I hope it is just a sprained MCL and not a season ending tear.

Go Blue.

Saw a video of that. How did that kid finish the game? 

5 hours ago, oldwiseone said:

McCallie's top 250 player, DE Jay Hardy was injured last night in a game against West Forsyth, GA. The sad part is it happened on an extra point when a player purposely threw his body at Jay's knees from the side. It was obvious and very dirty. I hope it is just a sprained MCL and not a season ending tear.

Go Blue.

If the Georgia version of the TSSAA doesn’t suspend him for at least one game, they are a farce. That was ridiculously blatant. 

West Forsyth QB Blake Whitfield suffered a shoulder injury on a play where Jay Hardy was one of the two McCallie defenders to bring him down. 0:25 mark of this video-

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7550849/5d8edfaada5c260ca88306b3

Hardy looked back to see Whitfield getting up before doing his salute celebration. But I could see how that would have bothered West Forsyth.

You'll have a tough time convincing me that the shot at Hardy's knee later in the game wasn't a receipt for the QB injury. If there's another explanation, I'd like to hear it.

Actual quote from W. Forsyth's coach after the game on his QB's injury: "He was just rolling out and the kid fell on him.” And by the kid, he meant Hardy. The same player who was seemingly intentionally injured on that XP try later in the game.

https://www.forsythnews.com/sports/west-forsyth-high-school/football-west-forsyth-cant-overcome-whitfield-injury-falls-mccallie/

There is no place in organized sports for something like this.

As far as this Friday's game at Baylor goes, McCallie's run offense vs. Baylor's run defense is going to be a fascinating battle. Two very good units. McCallie has run on nearly everyone with impunity, including 330 rushing yards against a very good BA team. But Baylor managed to stymie Ensworth's strong running attack.

There is also the question of McCallie trying to stop Baylor RB Elijah Howard.

game of the year?.......game of the year if one is a Ted Turner School and Suk Creek Academy Alum.....or a Ted Turner School or Suk Creek Academy fixator.....it will for sure b the game of the week in Chattanooga....

.....time will soon tell us where it falls in that game of the year category

Booger just sayin:roll: 

Edited by Booger

On 9/29/2019 at 9:54 AM, oldwiseone said:

This year's game should be very competitive.  Baylor is much better, and obviously Howard is a big part of their success.

very competitive????.....u have look at the schedules right

this thing is only going to be competitive between the folks touring around Chattanooga with poles and flags attached to their vehicles...

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: