Dobyns Bennett Indians vs. Jefferson County Patriots 2019

DBGRAD70

I wanted to start this one and since there may not be a lot of chatter, I wanted to add a side bar topic and request.  Waco, you may be able to help here.

I would love to see some of the old DB fans chime in here and just say hello if nothing else.  Really there are only two or three left on here. 

I remember one in particular - Artvandelay.  What ever happened to him?  There were a bunch of others that posted a lot for a long time, year after year.  Heck, most of the time I just kept my mouth closed and listened and learned.  Who were the old aliases that commented on here and where are they?  Hey folks, say hello.

As far as Jeff Co. is concerned, from what I see this game should be a non-event but you just never know with high school kids ... um, I mean gentlemen.  Or whatever they're called.

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Art Vandelay has been gone since ya'll had that really good team in 2012. He thought DB was going to beat Maryville and talked a lot of trash and completely disappeared after that quarterfinal loss.

The 2012 team was very good and capable of beating Maryville that year. I think they were right there with them until 7 minutes to go, a couple of blunders and all of the sudden Maryville got two scores. Being capable of beating Maryville then actually doing it are two different things. You never trash talk Maryville, before or after a game. 

4 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I wanted to start this one and since there may not be a lot of chatter, I wanted to add a side bar topic and request.  Waco, you may be able to help here.

I would love to see some of the old DB fans chime in here and just say hello if nothing else.  Really there are only two or three left on here. 

I remember one in particular - Artvandelay.  What ever happened to him?  There were a bunch of others that posted a lot for a long time, year after year.  Heck, most of the time I just kept my mouth closed and listened and learned.  Who were the old aliases that commented on here and where are they?  Hey folks, say hello.

As far as Jeff Co. is concerned, from what I see this game should be a non-event but you just never know with high school kids ... um, I mean gentlemen.  Or whatever they're called.

I seen Art  I believe it was at the Greeneville scrimmage but didn't get a chance to say hi.He is a good guy who loves the Indians.A lot of us use to go after everyone and sometimes each other.I'm one of the very few that have had a kid playing but didn't go to DB that still post .I married into the Tribe family but have to say it's much more easy without one out there or a lot of their friends you have been around since they were just starting school.Believe me, when the coaches son calls you Batman and everyone knows who you are,it's hard either way you go on coacht.You on one hand want to be truthful as well as kind,{ especially when it can harm your own or someones kid you know well }but when you see something that you know is just shet for brains,it's hard not to  throw it out there for what it is.I'm thankful for all those many coaches that were fair and good to my kids and their friends over the years.That's why I could never paint everyone with the same brush.Now,speaking of going after a few on here,I think there is a JC fan somewhere that donated a bunch of urinal cakes a few years ago in a bet he wouldn't pay off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Art Vandelay has been gone since ya'll had that really good team in 2012. He thought DB was going to beat Maryville and talked a lot of trash and completely disappeared after that quarterfinal loss.

I remember that game, DB hung tough with them for a lot of the game.    We sat on the Maryville side and wow, talk about a rowdy bunch of fans!    I don't mean obnoxious, just really into their team.     I personally think 2012 was DB's best chance to go to Cookeville.

2 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

I seen Art  I believe it was at the Greeneville scrimmage but didn't get a chance to say hi.He is a good guy who loves the Indians.

Well, I hope someone will encourage him and others to come back.  He made great informational contributions to the threads here.  I enjoyed all of that and am sorry if I said anything that helped cause him to stop posting.  Certainly DB's downturn after that game didn't help either. We all say crazy things at times.  Hopefully time helps heal.

2 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

I seen Art  I believe it was at the Greeneville scrimmage but didn't get a chance to say hi.He is a good guy who loves the Indians.A lot of us use to go after everyone and sometimes each other.I'm one of the very few that have had a kid playing but didn't go to DB that still post .I married into the Tribe family but have to say it's much more easy without one out there or a lot of their friends you have been around since they were just starting school.Believe me, when the coaches son calls you Batman and everyone knows who you are,it's hard either way you go on coacht.You on one hand want to be truthful as well as kind,{ especially when it can harm your own or someones kid you know well }but when you see something that you know is just shet for brains,it's hard not to  throw it out there for what it is.I'm thankful for all those many coaches that were fair and good to my kids and their friends over the years.That's why I could never paint everyone with the same brush.Now,speaking of going after a few on here,I think there is a JC fan somewhere that donated a bunch of urinal cakes a few years ago in a bet he wouldn't pay off.

Arts had a lot of new events in life. Very positive ones. I think that may have had a lot to do with the absence on here. He is pretty busy. 

Another game/event to remember - the Jeff. County game in 2001. I had just gotten back from a trip to DC and was there during the attack. Decided to go to the game as sort of an act of defiance against terrorism in general.

The band performed a patriotic program that I can never forget. There was an almost endless, it seemed, standing O on both sides of the field. The Jeff Co. stadium was always a special place for me after that. There was fan unity like I had never seen before.

19 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The 2012 team was very good and capable of beating Maryville that year. I think they were right there with them until 7 minutes to go, a couple of blunders and all of the sudden Maryville got two scores. Being capable of beating Maryville then actually doing it are two different things. You never trash talk Maryville, before or after a game. 

Yes capable of beating them but waco db never stood a chance, they were doomed from the start, the game was decided before db ever stepped foot on the bus to travel.

Waco I know you put money into the db program and you're very well connected so it will be very easy access to get the film from that game, watch when swafford smokes the whole maryville secondary an catches the pass for the td a ref thru a bogus flag for holding. Then foreman returns the kickoff to the maryville 35, he is eventually brought down by the collar and we are going crazy in the stands because that would put db a the maryville 20, but no another mysterious flag was thrown for another hold that backed db up to their own 10, it wasn't even offsetting, the personal flag by the collar never existed. 

I never lose sleep on who wins or loses a game but that night you were cheated, I was cheated, the rest of the db fans were cheated and most importantly the kids were cheated. I'm not saying every ref in Tennessee but some of these refs have so much respect for them that you don't have a fair chance when the team is equally as good as them at the black hole.

If anything I said goes into one ear an out the other remember this, we all know OAKLAND is the best team in 6a but, the Oakland kids don't stand a chance in the semifinals, all for a gold ball the kids will be robbed from the start.

9 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Yes capable of beating them but waco db never stood a chance, they were doomed from the start, the game was decided before db ever stepped foot on the bus to travel.

Waco I know you put money into the db program and you're very well connected so it will be very easy access to get the film from that game, watch when swafford smokes the whole maryville secondary an catches the pass for the td a ref thru a bogus flag for holding. Then foreman returns the kickoff to the maryville 35, he is eventually brought down by the collar and we are going crazy in the stands because that would put db a the maryville 20, but no another mysterious flag was thrown for another hold that backed db up to their own 10, it wasn't even offsetting, the personal flag by the collar never existed. 

I never lose sleep on who wins or loses a game but that night you were cheated, I was cheated, the rest of the db fans were cheated and most importantly the kids were cheated. I'm not saying every ref in Tennessee but some of these refs have so much respect for them that you don't have a fair chance when the team is equally as good as them at the black hole.

If anything I said goes into one ear an out the other remember this, we all know OAKLAND is the best team in 6a but, the Oakland kids don't stand a chance in the semifinals, all for a gold ball the kids will be robbed from the start.

I'm sorry but I have no ideal what your talking about.