Watertown @ Westmoreland

H2Oman

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I'd hate to think someone would hold their kid back a year with the intention of them being more impactful on a high school football team. I doubt this has any merit to it whatsoever.

I know of a parent that held both their kids backs due to sports, they should have graduated last year. They don't go to any of the schools mentioned in this thread, but I know for a fact it does happen. At the time they told me it was for academics, but I knew better. Both kids were straight A students. So to think it doesn't happen, you would be wrong.

2 minutes ago, FootballFan4life75 said:

I know of a parent that held both their kids backs due to sports, they should have graduated last year. They don't go to any of the schools mentioned in this thread, but I know for a fact it does happen. At the time they told me it was for academics, but I knew better. Both kids were straight A students. So to think it doesn't happen, you would be wrong.

I'm sure it does happen. I just couldn't steal away the part of the kids life that they are becoming their own men and can make their own choices in life to tickle my own fancy and watch them play football one more year. Not like they have a choice what happens to them when they are young.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm sure it does happen. I just couldn't steal away the part of the kids life that they are becoming their own men and can make their own choices in life to tickle my own fancy and watch them play football one more year. Not like they have a choice what happens to them when they are young.

Oh I agree, they wanted me to do the same thing I refused to so. It was all in hopes of getting scholarships. One got one and the other is being looked at.

2 minutes ago, FootballFan4life75 said:

Oh I agree, they wanted me to do the same thing I refused to so. It was all in hopes of getting scholarships. One got one and the other is being looked at.

Nothing wrong with being 30 and the starting lineman for Tennessee. May be better off then what we have atm lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Laying all bull aside, being 19 as a senior is a huge advantage over 17 year old seniors. Ive talked to many people from Hartsville and had known folks over there. Its a football minded town meaning alot of parent hold their kids back. Its legal to turn 19 after the season starts. Im not trying to say theres anything wrong with it. Im just stating a fact that alot of our seniors are 17 and ld wager TCs are gonna be 19 when they are seniors. Makes a huge difference.

Yes, you can hold your kid out of kindergarten until they are 7 in TC. But I don't think we have any 19-year-old seniors this year. I'm sure most of TC seniors are only 17 years old. In the future yea, this will be true with some of the kids but that be in the next 10 years a lot of parents held their kids back from starting school until they were 6 not because of sports but because of how hard TC schools are now.

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I'd hate to think someone would hold their kid back a year with the intention of them being more impactful on a high school football team. I doubt this has any merit to it whatsoever.

To be honest some parents are doing this for football I know at least is trying to hold his kid back for football.