When will T$$AA...........

Lost Old Dad

Just now, MidTennFootball said:

I got a feeling once the 2 year cycle is over that they'll be playing Oakland or Blackman, possibly both

I think there is more than a 50% chance at that happening.   There was a reason why Gallatin scrimmaged Rutherford Co schools this preseason.  

7 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I think there is more than a 50% chance at that happening.   There was a reason why Gallatin scrimmaged Rutherford Co schools this preseason.  

I hope this is true. Oakland has a tough time getting schools to play. I applaud Hendersonville, Maryville, Independence & Germantown for stepping up. I know some Williamson & Wilson County schools that have flat out said NO. And don't get me started on the wusses from Pulaski Academy Arkansas. 

6 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

I hope this is true. Oakland has a tough time getting schools to play. I applaud Hendersonville, Maryville, Independence & Germantown for stepping up. I know some Williamson & Wilson County schools that have flat out said NO. And don't get me started on the wusses from Pulaski Academy Arkansas. 

If we are in the same classification then I say why not.  

2 hours ago, patsprez said:

I like having the county split into two regions. For the playoffs one side goes east and one side goes west. That means that it is possible for two Rutherford County teams to meet in the state championship game. I know it is unlikely, but it is possible. I don't believe that any other county can claim that possibility.

This is comical......The SEC of Tennessee football. 

7 hours ago, wave88 said:

I thought they split RuCo so they would have a chance to get more teams into the playoffs.  If they are all in the same region, only 4 of them get in.  With the mid state growth projections and more larger schools coming online, 6A in the mid state will have a larger presence in the next classification.

From the looks of projections Sumner County could go from 2 to 4 6A teams.  The superintendent has given hints that the teams even request to move up to stay together if enrollment numbers have them in 5A this next go round.

I think the teams that are in the RuCo split regions would like to be out of those regions as well.  It would give them a better chance at playoffs at best.  A better overall record at worst.

Wilson County will have 4 teams with close to 6A numbers for the new classifications that will be made know next November using next September enrollment numbers.

The biggest thing to remember is that Davidson County (metro teams) doesn’t want to be in a region by themselves.  It would give more of them a chance for a playoff spot but kill them financially since attendance is so disappointing.

Gallatin is already at 6A numbers.  Station Camp dropped into 5A range, but still play in 6A.  Beech may get to 6A if they move some of the Station Camp kids to Long Hollow Pike.

4 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

But they did travel to Ravenwood

24 minutes ago, ocac said:

Gallatin is already at 6A numbers.  Station Camp dropped into 5A range, but still play in 6A.  Beech may get to 6A if they move some of the Station Camp kids to Long Hollow Pike.

We are back to being the largest school in the county.  SC dropped two years ago when there was rezoning.  Then this year they took another drop when the Liberty Creek kids were sent to Beech.  Those same Liberty Creek kids who were going to be Sr’s when LC opened will never step foot into LC because it won’t open now until ‘22.  

Don’t worry too much about the SC numbers.  They will be back as well because they have the largest elementary school in the county and more houses and apartments are being moved into every day.

Edited by wave88