WEST at POWELL 10/11

keepitmoving

Powell host West on October 11th, in what is probably going to be for the Region 5-3a Championship!  Both teams have a by week this week, so both teams should be relatively healthy going into the game.  What are your thoughts, and predictions?  I believe it will be a close game for a quarter or two, then Powell should pull away with the W.  Powell is a deeper team from top to bottom.  That will play a huge factor as the game goes on.  All in all it should be one heck of a game!   

2 minutes ago, guthook said:

I'm curious how Powell is the deeper team.  Looking at their records, margins of victory are the same for common opponents.

I am not sure that there is any other team in any classification that has the depth at WR that Powell does.  They have 6 studs at WR, plus not to mention there RB'S.  They go 3 deep there and all three could start on most teams!  Basically pick your poison.  Most HS football teams have 1-2 good WR that can make plays on a consistent basis.  Powell has 6.  Who you going to stop....can't stop all 6.  lol  Like I said people are going to have to out score Powell to beat them.