WEST at POWELL 10/11

keepitmoving

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Agreed. I'm just tired of beating this dead horse.

Yep, and especially coming from people who support schools who are playing the game every bit as much as is Powell.  The glass houses crowd lives in a delusional and holier than thou state.  

Edited by HTV

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Yep, and especially coming from people who support schools who are playing the game every bit as much as is Powell.  The glass houses crowd lives in a delusional and holier than thou state.  

I feel like you are referencing me with your statement. I will wear that shoe. There is one middle school in this town that feeds several high schools. That school allows one school in with open arms(I think you know exactly what I am referring to). The rest of the high schools are not as welcomed. Period! I have zero issue where an incoming 9th grader goes to school. I am all for school choice! I have a lot of issues when it is blatant favoritism towards one high school. You can call it what you wish. 

As for the game at hand.....

14+ Powell

18 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I feel like you are referencing me with your statement. I will wear that shoe. There is one middle school in this town that feeds several high schools. That school allows one school in with open arms(I think you know exactly what I am referring to). The rest of the high schools are not as welcomed. Period! I have zero issue where an incoming 9th grader goes to school. I am all for school choice! I have a lot of issues when it is blatant favoritism towards one high school. You can call it what you wish. 

As for the game at hand.....

14+ Powell

Actually, no.  I wasn't referencing you or any one individual.  

And I will continue to wear my shoe: Every school in Knox County plays the game through middle men, and no parent is forced to send a kid somewhere they don't want to send them.  

It just gets old to hear the same old accusations without anybody offering one bit of supporting information.  

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

So, you are you saying that it hasn't happen in the past?  

Not saying it has never happened at OR. Those days are long gone.  I guess nobody wants to play for us anymore. lol.  All I said is that Pal has players from all over the county and surrounding areas.

Edited by oridgecat

I don't think the 'everyone else has done it at some point so it is okay' argument has any validity. I'm sorry but I don't get fooled by an upside down visor to distract me from what is really going on. It is no coincidence that Fulton goes absolutely belly up and Powell all of a sudden is relevant again. The sad thing is that isn't the only zone Powell is robbing from. We can't forget that they had to vacate wins less than a year ago because of recruiting. I wonder how many West players Powell will use this year to beat them.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Not saying it has never happened at OR. Those days are long gone.  I guess nobody wants to play for us anymore. lol.  All I said is that Pal has players from all over the county and surrounding areas.

Calm down.  I wasn't even thinking of Oak Ridge when I made the statement.  I don't have any beef with Oak Ridge.  In fact, I have always had respect for that school.  

But there have been out of zone kids come to Oak Ridge who have played football and other sports.  That's just fact.  One of the best football players you guys had in this century went to middle school with my son and his family didn't move to Oak Ridge until his 2nd or 3rd year of high school.  

And as I have said before, yes, Powell has transfers from other schools in Knox County.  So does every other school in Knox County.  As long as a student starts high school at a particular school he/she is eligible.  Otherwise, TSSAA transfer/residency rules have to be met.  

This whole discussion is just sour grapes.  Period.  

That saying about what happens when one points a finger comes to mind about now.  

• Upvote 1