WEST at POWELL 10/11

keepitmoving

Yes, West has basically the same personnel as last year, but they are much improved.  Bigger, faster and stronger than last year, way more game experience with returning starters. They have developed some quality depth as well. And added some playmakers on the edges.   The winner of the rematch between these two teams in the playoffs most likely will play Central or SD for a trip to the Ship and a shot at the gold ball.  

Edited by oridgecat

All I’m saying to this whole thing is where’s there’s smoke, there’s fire. Awful lot of smoke coming out of Powell right now <_<.  According to HTVs points, all the Freshman on their roster are currently legal(despite where they may or may not actually live). But I’m not referring to any of them, I believe something will be said soon about a different player they have and here’s a hint: it may not be any Coach or school in Knox County who has something to say. Just remember, probably not a good idea to try and “play the game”(like you say HTV) vs a school who’s been doing it ALOT LONGER than Powell has....:popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yes, West has basically the same personnel as last year, but they are much improved.  Bigger, faster and stronger than last year, way more game experience with returning starters. They have developed some quality depth as well. And added some playmakers on the edges.   The winner of the rematch between these two teams in the playoffs most likely will play Central or SD for a trip to the Ship and a shot at the gold ball.  

I agree although once the playoffs start it’s hard to say what will actually happen. It seems like every year there’s at least 1 upset, look in years past when either Catholic or Fulton would upset each other when one seemed dominant. The wildcard in the whole 5a is David Crockett. If their Defense is improved like I’ve been told, they are a scary football team. Wouldn’t wanna have to go to Jonesboro in Round 3(although that’s how it’s shaping up). Just my opinion 

Just now, chsbobcat09 said:

I agree although once the playoffs start it’s hard to say what will actually happen. It seems like every year there’s at least 1 upset, look in years past when either Catholic or Fulton would upset each other when one seemed dominant. The wildcard in the whole 5a is David Crockett. If their Defense is improved like I’ve been told, they are a scary football team. Wouldn’t wanna have to go to Jonesboro in Round 3(although that’s how it’s shaping up). Just my opinion 

True, that Crockett offense is scary good.  I think they are the only team up East that can compete with any of the 4 teams in the mix down here. 

• Like 1

It about time someone else saying Powell recruiting I've been saying it all seasons I have seen their headcoach at 7v7 games but Josh Jones coach the All-Star team in his tournaments getting kids off the All-Star team. He did it for years now he at Powell all of a sudden. The kids wants to go to powell go halls red devils

Edited by Bigdog4030

56 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

I understand, it must hurt knowing your Panthers will have to forfeit all their wins again this year. It's fitting that their color is orange. Cheaters cheaters pumpkin eaters.

Yep. 

Still waiting on something more than just innuendo from another keyboard cowboy. 

And it is incredible how Powell football apparently controls Knox County central office transfer policy decisions  according to some on this forum. 

29 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

It sucks this game isnt being streamed live online or via Radio. Any chance any posters who are going to the game can give updates for those that live out of state now? 

Hoping for a West win but I think Powell wins again...they just seem to have West's number especially when the game is at Powell.

Go Rebels!

should be streamed on Diamond Clear Media

59 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep. 

Still waiting on something more than just innuendo from another keyboard cowboy. 

And it is incredible how Powell football apparently controls Knox County central office transfer policy decisions  according to some on this forum. 

Like I said earlier, IF and WHEN you hear something, it won’t be broke on CoachT. Trust me of that.

2 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Is that the same middle school administrator that sits in the box on Friday nights at Powell??

Yes. His name is Tony Kilgore. He is principal at NW middle. He is an so called offensive consultant for Powell. They have other offensive/defensive consultants at Powell and their kids play at Powell. Also they do have an attorney who files briefs and helps players get eligible. His son plays for Powell. They have it going on at Powell but they won't win the state championship this year.