Haywood County boys basketball

ReitzFan

On 11/27/2019 at 10:37 PM, Rade Butcher said:

Bad fit...bad hire. If Simmons is smart he stays in private schools. With that said he and his wife must be loaded...saw their home in Brownsville and quite honestly it's not your typical teacher's home.

Bad fit?  Just because he was at a private school than you are saying he shouldn't coach at a public school?  You know he has been coaching nearly 20 years, only 5 at USJ.  That leaves a lot of other years.  Did you check to see if they were all at private schools?

On 12/5/2019 at 9:52 AM, WhereYouAt said:

he still is a good coach and Milan is on the come up. Lots of young players there and in their middle school. 

yeah he is showing he can really coach.  His record at Milan is 23-84 with both programs in two seasons.  He is 13-42 with the boys!  Really showing he can coach.  

1 hour ago, JimBball80 said:

Lookout Haywood boys season ends in the district tournament.  First time in, no one in Haywood remembers, how long it has been since they weren't in the regional tournament.  11-16 overall record.  Sad.  Sad.  Sad.

What were you expecting? New coach, not sure if your bets player from last year was going to play until right before the season, young role players, battling discipline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimBball80 said:

Lookout Haywood boys season ends in the district tournament.  First time in, no one in Haywood remembers, how long it has been since they weren't in the regional tournament.  11-16 overall record.  Sad.  Sad.  Sad.

Like I said Coach Kendall could get the most out of these kids our record it is what it is u must be a Simmons fan

4 hours ago, JimBball80 said:

Why do you say Simmons couldn't coach?  Do you know he won more games his one year at Haywood than Dancy did the year before with pretty much the same team?  Do you know he won more games than the guy that replaced him this year? 

If u watch any Haywood games last year u would have not made this statement u have watch the game to see what is going on 

21 hours ago, Salami said:

If u watch any Haywood games last year u would have not made this statement u have watch the game to see what is going on 

I did watch games.  I also study coacht and their schedules.  I am a numbers guy.  His team last year averaged more points per game, and gave up less points per game.  He won 19 games last year.  12 out of 13 for one stretch.  

21 hours ago, Salami said:

We got blew out by Woodale  last year that was coaching Simmons was not a good fit 

that is a stupid statement.  They won state.  They killed everyone.  You can't judge him on losing to Woodale.  If that was the case then Coach Chatman needs to go - he lost to Whitehaven 111-41 and Enswroth 104-65 this year.  Don't believe me check out the schedules on this website coacht 

23 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Looks like his cheerleader 

No not his cheerleader just feel very strongly that what they did to him was unnecessary and unfair.  He was asked to run the program.  If they didn't like what he was doing after last season they should have let him go then.  Not before the season where he can't coach that season there or anywhere else.  I am a fellow coach and I have learned over the years to not speak badly about another coach when things go wrong from him/her.  You stay in the game long enough it will happen to you as well.  We as coaches need to stick together.  Coaching in HS is getting harder and harder because of weak admin, crazy parents /fans, and spoiled kids.