Haywood County boys basketball

ReitzFan

1 hour ago, JimBball80 said:

No not his cheerleader just feel very strongly that what they did to him was unnecessary and unfair.  He was asked to run the program.  If they didn't like what he was doing after last season they should have let him go then.  Not before the season where he can't coach that season there or anywhere else.  I am a fellow coach and I have learned over the years to not speak badly about another coach when things go wrong from him/her.  You stay in the game long enough it will happen to you as well.  We as coaches need to stick together.  Coaching in HS is getting harder and harder because of weak admin, crazy parents /fans, and spoiled kids.

This is the deal he tried to be there friend when he started coaching the kids he should have put his foot down and told them this is how it is going to be u cant coach a kid and talk so bad to them that they dont want to play for u

2 hours ago, JimBball80 said:

that is a stupid statement.  They won state.  They killed everyone.  You can't judge him on losing to Woodale.  If that was the case then Coach Chatman needs to go - he lost to Whitehaven 111-41 and Enswroth 104-65 this year.  Don't believe me check out the schedules on this website coacht 

When they played both of those two teams Haywood was missing two or three key players  and last year Woodale only beat Covington by a  few points so my point is were just a good as Covington was last year

1 hour ago, JimBball80 said:

No not his cheerleader just feel very strongly that what they did to him was unnecessary and unfair.  He was asked to run the program.  If they didn't like what he was doing after last season they should have let him go then.  Not before the season where he can't coach that season there or anywhere else.  I am a fellow coach and I have learned over the years to not speak badly about another coach when things go wrong from him/her.  You stay in the game long enough it will happen to you as well.  We as coaches need to stick together.  Coaching in HS is getting harder and harder because of weak admin, crazy parents /fans, and spoiled kids.

Agreed there! 

1 hour ago, Salami said:

When they played both of those two teams Haywood was missing two or three key players  and last year Woodale only beat Covington by a  few points so my point is were just a good as Covington was last year

I went to that game..it wasn't close at all and it wasn't coaching....Haywood was down 30 plus and Wooddale called the dogs off in the 4th...score was 101-79...not close my guy. Had nothing to do with yall coach, they were just better, that's all.

Since Haywood fans can't move on from Coach Simmons, I thought this could've been a good fit for Haywood. For Coach Simmons, in terms of basketball perspective, this was a job promotion, but it was also a challenge for him. To say that Coach Simmons can't coach is ridiculous. USJ was a good, quality, basketball team. Now, they're average. USJ has been D-2 for a while, it's not like they're in TCA shoes, where they had to move to the D2 level.

When Simmons was at USJ, he went 18-9 (2013-14), 21-8 (2014-15), 23-9 (2015-16), 19-10 (2017-18), 20-13 (2018-19).

*Simmons leaves for Haywood*

USJ in 2018-2019 went 16-13

This year, Bruins went 10-16

In 2018-2019 season, Haywood went 19-12 (Simmons only season)

In 2019-2020 season,, Haywood went 11-16

Point is, Haywood should've been more patient. However, the inability to "stick things out" is something Haywood will regret.

51 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Ring versus no ring! That’s hard to agree with! Kendall has a lot of wins!

I honestly meant Simmons is better than Chatman not coach Kendall. But I would argue  Simmons over Kendall. Yes Kendall has a ring but I think Simmons could have got the same results with that stacked team that year. Also think if your team had Hicks eligible y’all would have beat them that year. Just my opinion!!!! 

Edited by Tnfootball1234

36 minutes ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

I honestly meant Simmons is better than Chatman not coach Kendall. But I would argue  Simmons over Kendall. Yes Kendall has a ring but I think Simmons could have got the same results with that stacked team that year. Also think if your team had Hicks eligible y’all would have beat them that year. Just my opinion!!!! 

Oh ok! You know something with your last statement! I couldn’t have agreed more! With Hicks we was 12-15 points better. Now Fuller goes back to back & a runner up 

2 hours ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

You read my mind. Barford got more press than Hicks, but Hicks was money when the chips were all on the table. CPA definitely would have bought the ring that year without Hicks' effort against them... probably the best performance by a player in the tournament for a decade.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You read my mind. Barford got more press than Hicks, but Hicks was money when the chips were all on the table. CPA definitely would have bought the ring that year without Hicks' effort against them... probably the best performance by a player in the tournament for a decade.

Hicks was a monster! If they let him play, 2015 champs wouldn’t have even made it to Murfreesboro. He was a different problem for teams!