Gallatin @ Beech

Bump11

30 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Crazy for him to think these 2 teams wouldn't be towards the top at 6A this year. Either way who cares. Both teams are good enough to play whoever. Gallatin did get 2 qtrs in against the best 6A team in Oakland FWIW

Yeah we did pretty good against 6A competition this year.  

• Like 1

Setting the record straight on here.

Beech asked season ticket holders to donate $100 plus the cost of the reserved seats.  They are asking the $20 (1/5 of the home games) to match what the season ticket holders have already invested.  This is not an extra charge, just the same as the reserved seat holders that have already made the same donation.  That way no one could get in a reserved seat for one game for just the admission price.  Tickets are still $7 for general admission on a first come basis.  You can buy your tickets early I am told at both schools.  So no big deal just not enough explanation in the beginning.  

• Like 1

Gallatin has had an amazing year to date.  Playing with house money this week.  Playing the preseason favorite to win state in a game that nobody saw coming.  The fact that Gallatin has a chance to win a region championship is something these kids have worked hard for.  Win or lose, this game is not  the goal or the prize.  I’m hoping we get to play in 6 more games after this one.  Beech will play their very best against Gallatin this week, no doubt about that.  In 2009 Gallatin beats Beech only to lose to them in the quarterfinals.  In a game that many people outside of those two teams said was the title game.  I don’t know the outcome of this week but I’m excited to see how far we’ve come this season.  

Edited by wave88
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Setting the record straight on here.

Beech asked season ticket holders to donate $100 plus the cost of the reserved seats.  They are asking the $20 (1/5 of the home games) to match what the season ticket holders have already invested.  This is not an extra charge, just the same as the reserved seat holders that have already made the same donation.  That way no one could get in a reserved seat for one game for just the admission price.  Tickets are still $7 for general admission on a first come basis.  You can buy your tickets early I am told at both schools.  So no big deal just not enough explanation in the beginning.  

Thanks for the explanation.  Pretty sure that won’t satisfy Mr Withrow though. 

Edited by tandem

17 minutes ago, tandem said:

Thanks for the explanation.  Pretty sure that won’t satisfy Mr Withrow though. 

Probably not!  

Beech must have an extra good rushing attack to be 8-0 and have thrown for such little yardage.  They really have picked it up from the beginning of the year.  

10 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I understand that but could they not do it outside the press box area?  I know for a fact that broadcasts there have done that before.  Y’all do what y’all want to.  This game will go along way toward that turf field that y’all want/need.  

How would Beech make any money off allowing Withrow and Co. to come cover this game? From my understanding the school receives zero monetary gain. The exposure argument doesn't generate any revenue for Beech 

The reality is Withrow wants to make money off this game for his website. He got told no and bravo to Beech for doing so. Now he is acting like a petulant child about it. How is acting says more about him than anything else.