CENTRAL @ SOUTH DOYLE

dawgs82

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Not sure if this matters or not, but it rained the entire Boone/Crockett game and Crockett passed for 316 yards.

Indeed and I actually watched the 4th quarter of that game online. Only thing I’ll say, and I didn’t see the first three quarters so I can say about those, it wasn’t raining ANYWHERE near as hard there as it was in South Knox. It honestly looked like that Michigan vs ND game last night. Hardest rain I’ve ever seen us play in.

19 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Indeed and I actually watched the 4th quarter of that game online. Only thing I’ll say, and I didn’t see the first three quarters so I can say about those, it wasn’t raining ANYWHERE near as hard there as it was in South Knox. It honestly looked like that Michigan vs ND game last night. Hardest rain I’ve ever seen us play in.

It was coming down sideways in the second half at Maryville as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Yep, although I’m beyond baffled that this is set to be a First round game instead of a third round game. Should be a good one

Crockett has been bit by the officials past 2 weeks more so in the Boone game. Larkins dropped back to pass his hand moving forward called a fumble. Boone fumbles but was called down which he wasn’t 14 point swing. Yea I figured it would be in 3rd round also.

23 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

If the weather didn’t matter then why didn’t SD try a pass? My point, NETHER team had the ability to pass the ball. So like I said, if you’d listened the first time, SD had a good plan to just give Young the ball and let him run downhill. And when you have a player that good, he’s gonna pop some big runs eventually which he did. Don’t worry, if we play again we WILL DEFINITELY score more than 10 points and my point will be proven. 

IF you HAD ONLY listened............

these are the official stats for the passing team through games:

PASSING YRDS: 1521 Yards

RUSHING YRDS;1304 YARDS

Again this does not include last Fridays' game

for SOUTH DOYLE through 9 games:

Passing : 1469 Yards

Rushing:2001 Yards

So basically there was a 52 yard difference in the passing game between the two teams.

Just facts and data...

31 minutes ago, ObserverSD said:

RUSHING YRDS;1304 YARDS

So basically there was a 52 yard difference in the passing game between the two teams.

Just facts and data...

:popcorneater:

58 minutes ago, ObserverSD said:

RUSHING YRDS;1304 YARDS

Just facts and data...

Interesting that the numbers are that close.  

2 hours ago, ObserverSD said:

RUSHING YRDS;1304 YARDS

Just facts and data...

What do any of these stats have to do with the game from Friday? The FACTS are the weather played a huge part on the game. I’ll say it AGAIN, SD had a great gameplan to run the wildcat with obviously the fastest player on field and not risk even attempting a pass, heck why would they? On the other hand, Central passes more, which your own stats prove, and like I said NEITHER team could throw a pass in that ungodly rain storm. But just trust me, if they meet again you’ll see first hand what I mean. We’ll also see if SD uses that wildcat again IF Brang is back.

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Interesting that the numbers are that close.  

Indeed it is HTV but all these numbers had no affect on the game Friday is my point. The rain was unbearable down there Friday to the point we were having trouble throwing short much less and medium to long throws. So what the SD faithful are saying is our QB is just terrible and can’t pass at all. Cause the weather had no affect on the game right? Hahaha, they need to keep dreaming and enjoy this small victory :roflol:

1 minute ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Indeed it is HTV but all these numbers had no affect on the game Friday is my point. The rain was unbearable down there Friday to the point we were having trouble throwing short much less and medium to long throws. So what the SD faithful are saying is our QB is just terrible and can’t pass at all. Cause the weather had no affect on the game right? Hahaha, they need to keep dreaming and enjoy this small victory :roflol:

This ain’t a small victory. Y’all put 9 in the box and we still rushed for 270 and put up 38 points on your very good defense. Y’all could’ve ran the ball just as well as we did. Have fun against Crockett in the first round.

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Whoa, now. Not involved in any spitting contest here. 

I simply found it interesting that the numbers are as close as they are and that Central's offense is that balanced. And balance on offense is not a bad thing. 

Edited by HTV