Monterey 9-0 at Gordonsville 3-6

TALMAD

I think Gordonsville can win. We're not 100 percent healthy, but we're much better than when we played Clay. 

Regardless of the outcome, the region is set.

1) Monterey

2)Clay

3)Gville

4)Jo Byrns

Even if Gville wins, we have a 3 way tie. Monterey wins the tiebreaker on overall record, then Clay gets Gville head to head.

No disrespect to Gordonsville, but Monterey is going to win this one easily. They are just the better, more experienced team at this point. Gordy has been brutalized by injuries, so they are definitely better than their record, but Monterey is probably one of the top 5 1A teams in the state right now. Wildcats by 17+.

6 hours ago, HC116 said:

No disrespect to Gordonsville, but Monterey is going to win this one easily. They are just the better, more experienced team at this point. Gordy has been brutalized by injuries, so they are definitely better than their record, but Monterey is probably one of the top 5 1A teams in the state right now. Wildcats by 17+.

That's a big NOPE!

2 minutes ago, HC116 said:

I knew you would respond, lol. I’d be interested to hear where you think Gordonsville is better than Monterey on the field? On paper, it looks like Monterey has the advantage nearly everywhere.

I feel we are better on the line, and we are much healthier than earlier in the season. When healthy, we're a pretty good team. We only lost to Watertown by 6 and had chances to win. We're not as healthy as we were then, but we're the closest we've been since.

That's not to say Monterey won't still win. They were my preseason favorite to win the region, but it won't be the blowout most think.

They're definitely not a top 5 team. They're top 10, just not top 5.

Our record is deceiving because of the injuries. Healthy, we beat Clay by at least 2 touchdowns. If you compare the Jo Byrns scores, it's even. That's not an exact science, but you get an idea.

44 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I feel we are better on the line, and we are much healthier than earlier in the season. When healthy, we're a pretty good team. We only lost to Watertown by 6 and had chances to win. We're not as healthy as we were then, but we're the closest we've been since.

That's not to say Monterey won't still win. They were my preseason favorite to win the region, but it won't be the blowout most think.

They're definitely not a top 5 team. They're top 10, just not top 5.

Our record is deceiving because of the injuries. Healthy, we beat Clay by at least 2 touchdowns. If you compare the Jo Byrns scores, it's even. That's not an exact science, but you get an idea.

I’m with u on most this Croz and Last years game was a slug fest BUT u take away the weather last night and In MY opinion Monterey wins this game 21-0. Monterey fumbled 3 times inside the 10 yard line and one of the turnovers led to Clay score. I think this game will be a good game! Monterey plays like they did at Bledsoe they win by couple scores! Either way It’s nice to know we got a home playoff game!