Summertown comes to Waverly Round 1

vandyfan1

2 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

I have no idea about summertown everything Ik about them is from coacht. From what I have read they are a dr jeykyll mr Hyde team. An Impressive win over Lewis and played well against two others. Then they barely pull it out over weak teams. Think this could b a very good game but going waverly. They were a very determined team last Friday as they have finally found their identity 

I think our coaching staff is gelling together finally and the team as a whole is as well. 

4 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

I have no idea about summertown everything Ik about them is from coacht. From what I have read they are a dr jeykyll mr Hyde team. An Impressive win over Lewis and played well against two others. Then they barely pull it out over weak teams. Think this could b a very good game but going waverly. They were a very determined team last Friday as they have finally found their identity 

I don’t know that we found our identity but it was a good look.  We still have issues but hey, it’s high school football.  I’d like to see us string together some wins before I say we found ourselves. At this point we have no choice but to win or move on to basketball.  We did look better on defense though. Passing game is miserable but we have known that since halftime week one.  Our identity, I guess is the ram the ball up the wazooo until you can stop it.  Maybe you are right about finding it 

1 minute ago, MannBlue said:

I don’t know that we found our identity but it was a good look.  We still have issues but hey, it’s high school football.  I’d like to see us string together some wins before I say we found ourselves. At this point we have no choice but to win or move on to basketball.  We did look better on defense though. Passing game is miserable but we have known that since halftime week one.  Our identity, I guess is the ram the ball up the wazooo until you can stop it.  Maybe you are right about finding it 

I like that little rollout pass we do.  I hate that little bubble screen pass we do. You can see it coming from a mile away. But any short passing game is better than no passing game.

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I like that little rollout pass we do.  I hate that little bubble screen pass we do. You can see it coming from a mile away. But any short passing game is better than no passing game.

No question!  It’s refreshing to see a short passing game to keep the defense guessing. 

Waverly just beat a team in Riverside that Lewis boatraced on their last reg season game by a whopping 21-10.  Summertown BEAT Lewis AT Lewis. Wavo is 6-4 and lost to McEwen.  This is not the Waverly of the last 5 years.  Let's not pretend otherwise.  They might make semis...but let's be real...Summertime has the ability to take this game deep and they have experience with physical low scoring games.  

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverly just beat a team in Riverside that Lewis boatraced on their last reg season game by a whopping 21-10.  Summertown BEAT Lewis AT Lewis. Wavo is 6-4 and lost to McEwen.  This is not the Waverly of the last 5 years.  Let's not pretend otherwise.  They might make semis...but let's be real...Summertime has the ability to take this game deep and they have experience with physical low scoring games.  

I can agree with this but don’t let that 6-4 record fool ya!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

McEwen would have a winning record in R5 2A.