Summertown comes to Waverly Round 1

vandyfan1

9 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverly just beat a team in Riverside that Lewis boatraced on their last reg season game by a whopping 21-10.  Summertown BEAT Lewis AT Lewis. Wavo is 6-4 and lost to McEwen.  This is not the Waverly of the last 5 years.  Let's not pretend otherwise.  They might make semis...but let's be real...Summertime has the ability to take this game deep and they have experience with physical low scoring games.  

You keep talking about Waverly being 6-4 like it’s a bad thing?!? Is it only because Forrest is 10-0? Waverly is 5-0 in region play. Same as Forrest. 

Forrest non region opponents are 19-31 on the season.

Waverly non region opponents are 35-15 on the season. 

Waverly is also ranked 2nd toughest schedule In 2A Football. 

Waverly biggest win is against 8-2 3A Region 5 Champion Fairview.

And your dissing Waverly? LOL. Better wake up @GeneralAmerigha 10-0 doesn’t mean anything. 

Edited by Trollin
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverly just beat a team in Riverside that Lewis boatraced on their last reg season game by a whopping 21-10.  Summertown BEAT Lewis AT Lewis. Wavo is 6-4 and lost to McEwen.  This is not the Waverly of the last 5 years.  Let's not pretend otherwise.  They might make semis...but let's be real...Summertime has the ability to take this game deep and they have experience with physical low scoring games.  

Lewis Co beat Riverside 28 7 week one and if I remember Riverside had several kids out the first couple of weeks. Waverly isn't the same as the past 5 years but have the same line that pushed region 5 around the past 2 years. We aren't as big as Lewis line but very athletic and have great technique. Summertown has a good team and we won't be overlooking them or anyone else for that matter. 

4 hours ago, Salem said:

Summertown is the best 4 seed in the 2A playoffs. In my opinion their lineman have size and are  physical.  In my opinion their OC tried to run too wide too often when I saw them play. They are better served banging it inside. The QB runs the offense but #8 (if healthy) is the playmaker. 

Both teams have had a jekyll and hyde season. Hard to predict who will win since no one knows if the impressive or inconsistent version is taking the field. Should be physical game!

I haven't seen Summertown in person but I have seen film and would agree totally with your post especially with which team shows up for both teams. And it will definitely be a physical game.

13 hours ago, Trollin said:

You keep talking about Waverly being 6-4 like it’s a bad thing?!? Is it only because Forrest is 10-0? Waverly is 5-0 in region play. Same as Forrest. 

Forrest non region opponents are 19-31 on the season.

Waverly non region opponents are 35-15 on the season. 

Waverly is also ranked 2nd toughest schedule In 2A Football. 

Waverly biggest win is against 8-2 3A Region 5 Champion Fairview.

And your dissing Waverly? LOL. Better wake up @GeneralAmerigha 10-0 doesn’t mean anything. 

@GeneralAmerigha 

Waiting for your reply... seen where you replied on other threads. You ignoring me?

Who is Forrest best win on the season? Besides Lewis

21 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverley's line is not big by R5 standards. They have great technique tho. Forrest line isnt huge either but they will flatback you. 

I still.gotta give the edge to Waverly alot of r kids have been in the playoffs the last 4 years . The strength of r team knows what it takes to win in the playoffs.