Summertown comes to Waverly Round 1

vandyfan1

We are gonna get a good idea how good Waverly is by the 3 R5-R6 games NOT involving Waverly. 

1. If Eagleville beats Houston Co, or how badly (Waverly only beat them by 7)   

2. If Forrest struggles with Hickman Co (Waverly destroyed them 48-12)

3. If Lewis flattens Riverside again (Waverly beat them 21-10 in Week 11 AT Waverly)

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Summertown's pass rush and run defense is the key to this game.  I am still not sold on Waverly's D. If this is like 28-21 late the pucker suction will make the wind blow in Chapel Hill  

The key to this game is Summertown’s offense.  I’m not sure Summertown can throw enough to beat Waverly. The coaches have really done a great job at adjusting for the run. But the pass defense is still suspect. I also don’t see any great athlete that’s going to break big runs on Waverly in Summertown. We will run it down their throat. Doc Oc will have a big game! 

• Like 1

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Lol :roflol:

2016 defense was the best I have ever seen at this level!

@tradertwo can you help me out here?

Absolutely. They were big, fast, always in position, and swarmed the ball in numbers. When they got to you, they delivered a shot, and the rest didn't take it for granted that their teammate had the tackle made, they wanted to hit you before the whistle blew too. Very few teams that I've ever seen in person could check all the boxes that I've mentioned without leaving the impression that they "played dirty" or would cheap shot someone if they had the chance, but the Tigers were classy in the way they went about business... I'm sure that there's film still out there on them from '16 if you want to see it for yourselves. We (SH) had a very potent offense that year and managed only two touchdowns in two games against them.

• Thanks 2