2A Region 3 vs Region 4

tcjacket13

2 hours ago, RTD said:

How much speed dies Tyner has compared to teams in our region?

None compared to Hicks I don't believe but like RamFan said it is hard to tell on film... I'll be able to let you know more after friday..... But I would be really surprised if they have anyone like Hicks

42 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

None compared to Hicks I don't believe but like RamFan said it is hard to tell on film... I'll be able to let you know more after friday..... But I would be really surprised if they have anyone like Hicks

We do have the TSSAA 100/200 meter Silver medalist (from this past spring) as our WR. Almost forgot about him.

The old region 4  always has someone in the mix in the finals. I like the odds this year for it to happen again. We have one undefeated, but untested team, two that are going to have a slobber knocker in the third round, and one that is playing above their heads after the first round. But Mark my word, someone always represents the old region four.

3 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Watertown's SOS is no better than Marion Co. The only difference is the Won/Loss column. Out of the 8 teams, Tyner has the 3rd best SOS and 2nd best PR(power rating) behind Trousdale. Our Region was weak but this is a new season!!

My whole point is that you'll region from 3 down is weaker than our region from 3 down. Tyner  has played the better two teams by far but Watertown schedule has better bad teams than Tyner if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

Don't know about speed. That's a hard question to answer by just looking at film. We have 7 or 8 rb's/wr's that can be interchanged with very little drop off. 

But do you have the line to give those backs hikes and QB time to find the WR? I have heard a little about the Tyner team about their strengths and weaknesses.

20 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Will find out soon enough. As I said before this is a new season. All teams have pros and cons. Making adjustments is the key.

But some em weakness can't be adjusted like a bad line on both sides of the ball. Only so much you can do to hide weakness. If line play is a weakness especially up the middle of Tyner defensive/offensive line that will be shown on Friday against Westmoreland. I still feel like I did last year Tyner doesn't like physical play up front and it showed last year and I think it will show again this year but I could be wrong or I could be right.

2 minutes ago, RTD said:

But some em weakness can't be adjusted like a bad line on both sides of the ball. Only so much you can do to hide weakness. If line play is a weakness especially up the middle of Tyner defensive/offensive line that will be shown on Friday against Westmoreland. I still feel like I did last year Tyner doesn't like physical play up front and it showed last year and I think it will show again this year but I could be wrong or I could be right.

You could be either. All of the talking back and forth won't amount to a "hill of beans" come Friday night. Last year is gone..this is 2019. I have yet seen a game won in this forum. You have an opinion and if you are right I will be the 1st to congratulate you. But you are not with the team everyday getting them ready for Friday. Remember the saying: "speed kills"!! If you get a player in space that may be all he needs. The kids remember last year also and they know what they need to do!! And lastly, adjustments can always be made.