2A Region 3 vs Region 4

tcjacket13

39 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

You could be either. All of the talking back and forth won't amount to a "hill of beans" come Friday night. Last year is gone..this is 2019. I have yet seen a game won in this forum. You have an opinion and if you are right I will be the 1st to congratulate you. But you are not with the team everyday getting them ready for Friday. Remember the saying: "speed kills"!! If you get a player in space that may be all he needs. The kids remember last year also and they know what they need to do!! And lastly, adjustments can always be made.

Your absolutely right last year was last year. Speed does kill when you get a player into space but at the same time if the other team has even more speed and size then speed means nothing. We will revisit this conversation if both teams win Friday night. I'm sure the Tyner kids do remember and are using that as motivation. Yes, adjustments they can be made but this isn't the same TC team as last year a different head coach and a different type of team than last year.

8 hours ago, RTD said:

But do you have the line to give those backs hikes and QB time to find the WR? I have heard a little about the Tyner team about their strengths and weaknesses.

I'll say this about Tyner... And this is all based off of watching film against Polk County... If Tyner does win this Friday, they got one more game... I don't think  they stand a chance against TC..... And I'm not saying we do either lol.... Whoever advances this Friday has their hands FULL.

Westmoreland guys, I wouldn't put alot of stock in the Polk Co. film. I hope yall were able to get more than just that game on them. Polk was a winless team this year, which means Tyner probably prepared very little for them and may not have played everyone. Marion Co. could very well be saying the same thing if you looked at the 2nd half of the TC Jackson Co game. Jackson Co. won the 2nd half 20-0 but none of the starters played. Tyner is a good football team but I'm pulling for an Eagle victory so that the Jackets can get another game on the ole Creekbank next week assuming we handle Marion. Best of luck to all teams. Most of i pray for healthy games and safe travels to all! 

47 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Westmoreland guys, I wouldn't put alot of stock in the Polk Co. film. I hope yall were able to get more than just that game on them. Polk was a winless team this year, which means Tyner probably prepared very little for them and may not have played everyone. Marion Co. could very well be saying the same thing if you looked at the 2nd half of the TC Jackson Co game. Jackson Co. won the 2nd half 20-0 but none of the starters played. Tyner is a good football team but I'm pulling for an Eagle victory so that the Jackets can get another game on the ole Creekbank next week assuming we handle Marion. Best of luck to all teams. Most of i pray for healthy games and safe travels to all! 

Good post. Our last 2 games were 63-0 and 63-6. Both those games as far as I understand it are the games the playoff team gets as far as film. I seen unfamiliar formations, out of place kids as to their normal positions and freshman and Sophomores played half of the games. When your playing inferior opponents and have to give up film, your gonna let them see what you want them to see. Polk was second to last game of the year for us. It was also played in a monsoon.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Good post. Our last 2 games were 63-0 and 63-6. Both those games as far as I understand it are the games the playoff team gets as far as film. I seen unfamiliar formations, out of place kids as to their normal positions and freshman and Sophomores played half of the games. When your playing inferior opponents and have to give up film, your gonna let them see what you want them to see. Polk was second to last game of the year for us. It was also played in a monsoon.

It's all about having friends! I think it's common practice to trade 1 or 2 games but if you know the right people, you may be able to get a whole season's worth. Of course some teams post everything to the World Wide Web so they hold no secrets!

12 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

It's all about having friends! I think it's common practice to trade 1 or 2 games but if you know the right people, you may be able to get a whole season's worth. Of course some teams post everything to the World Wide Web so they hold no secrets!

Haha wish we could do that. Make filming the games more rewarding lol.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Haha wish we could do that. Make filming the games more rewarding lol.

Film watching is very rewarding.

True story: my senior year, our DC, now a very well know HC, watched the entire season of our last opponent and picked up on a play/formation that they ran maybe 3 times the entire season. They ran only 1 play from that formation. We worked on defending it in practice and they ended up trying it against us. I immediately recognized the formation. They ran a swing pass to Wing-back and I took off to intercept the pass at the snap. Their line blocked my vision of the throw and the ball got there quicker than I anticipated but I batted it down and picked it up and trotted into the endzone. Had the refs not been blind, I would have had a TD as the ball was clearly thrown backwards but no biggie, I saw the endzone plenty that day. :thumb:

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

Film watching is very rewarding.

True story: my senior year, our DC, now a very well know HC, watched the entire season of our last opponent and picked up on a play/formation that they ran maybe 3 times the entire season. They ran only 1 play from that formation. We worked on defending it in practice and they ended up trying it against us. I immediately recognized the formation. They ran a swing pass to Wing-back and I took off to intercept the pass at the snap. Their line blocked my vision of the throw and the ball got there quicker than I anticipated but I batted it down and picked it up and trotted into the endzone. Had the refs not been blind, I would have had a TD as the ball was clearly thrown backwards but no biggie, I saw the endzone plenty that day. :thumb:

Haha cool story. You're a little more involved with your program than I am.