REGIONS 1/2 5-A PLAYOFFS! OPINIONS?

dawgs82

11 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

What type of offense does Halls run?      Who are the playmakers, guys to keep an eye on?

They’re primarily a veer team. #8 for them is one of the main guys I believe. If you’re really curious, head over to http://diamondclearmedia.com/ 

you can watch their games from this season there. If you wanna see what their speed is like against some of the better Knox teams, watch their game against Powell or South Doyle. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Boone lost 4 games in a row to Greeneville, Tenn High, Elizabethton, Dobyns-Bennett.   All 4 of them were at the time ranked in the top 10 in their respective classes.    We lost those games by a combined 139-26, but it could just have easily have been 200-26 because they all started playing 2's/3's in the 2nd half.      So Boone has lost the games we were supposed to lose and won the games we were supposed to win (except Crockett, we were not figured to win that one).    How well can we compete against Knoxville-ish teams this year?     Every year I am hopeful only to be disappointed.    The biggest difference I can see is that Knoxville-ish teams have an overall team speed that is unlike anything we have in the Tri-cities area.    I don't mean a handful of fast guys, every guy across the board is just way faster, and that seems to be the difference each year, that and depth.     Since 1971 Boone has only won one game against a Knoxville-ish team so our track record is not good, however I'm pulling for the Blazers this Friday against a very solid Halls team.   Haven't seen any Halls fans on here but hopefully one of them can give us a little X's and O's about the team.   Just thankful to have made a home playoff game...

I think Boone and TN high both have legit chances at wins.  I would’ve said Crockett too but I’m not sure now.  Crockett should be playing mad but Knox central will be playing mad too.  Cherokee will be lucky to score.  I think Boone wins especially if they can keep grinding it out on the ground. Who would’ve thought Blair would be their 1000 yard rusher?   They look pretty good for next year as far as offensive side. 

2 hours ago, BoonePride said:

I think Boone and TN high both have legit chances at wins.  I would’ve said Crockett too but I’m not sure now.  Crockett should be playing mad but Knox central will be playing mad too.  Cherokee will be lucky to score.  I think Boone wins especially if they can keep grinding it out on the ground. Who would’ve thought Blair would be their 1000 yard rusher?   They look pretty good for next year as far as offensive side. 

Imagine if we had Blair + Cole, what could have been......

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Imagine if we had Blair + Cole, what could have been......

Those 4 loses would be different I’d say- I think they could’ve beat Elizabethton with both and the TN high game would’ve been closer.  I’d still like to see Cole at least get a few times on the field next week but doubtful.  I think it would’ve been 8-2 season.  Possibly won the region.  Halls is a good team but I think the momentum Boone has will carry them on but looking at the bracket, they’d probably head to South Doyle unless Cherokee could pull a huge upset.  I think Boone and TN high only R1 teams that win. 

23 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

Gibbs finished the season well and central is going in limping. our o line is just bad and can’t give fawver time to throw. I believe every game this Friday should be competitive and could go either way.

It does appear that Gibbs finishes strong. Even with Central battling some injuries, I imagine they’ll still be a tough team.  I’m curious though, did graduation hit them hard last year?  I know they were tough as heck last year, just not sure if they were heavy on seniors. 

3 minutes ago, VikingFan2019 said:

It does appear that Gibbs finishes strong. Even with Central battling some injuries, I imagine they’ll still be a tough team.  I’m curious though, did graduation hit them hard last year?  I know they were tough as heck last year, just not sure if they were heavy on seniors. 

Crockett going to stun the world come Friday night lol. It will be close at halftime Central pulls away in the 2nd half. Crockett plays to many guys both way.

16 hours ago, blazer1set said:

What type of offense does Halls run?      Who are the playmakers, guys to keep an eye on?

As Knox Photo said, #8 is Jake Paris, and he is a stud athlete.  They'll get the ball in his hands a number of ways, and for good reason.  Honestly, without him Halls probably has 2-3 less wins.  He means that much on both sides of the ball.  

• Like 1