2019-2020 Coaching Changes

MidTennFootball

I don't follow HS football as much as most of you guys, I'm a baseball/softball guy, but I am shocked that Dickson County's head coach is not on this list. Dickson used to have some good teams back in the day. The current head coach's stats from the last 3 years: 5 wins, 26 losses/299 points for and 1075 points against. If that's not enough to get the school to realize it's time to make a change, I'm not sure what ever will???

1 hour ago, cocheese said:

I don't follow HS football as much as most of you guys, I'm a baseball/softball guy, but I am shocked that Dickson County's head coach is not on this list. Dickson used to have some good teams back in the day. The current head coach's stats from the last 3 years: 5 wins, 26 losses/299 points for and 1075 points against. If that's not enough to get the school to realize it's time to make a change, I'm not sure what ever will???

Things may change with reclassification, but DC is in a tough spot. Not sure a coaching change really changes a whole lot. Best thing for them would be to get in 5A where they have a better chance of winning some games

1 hour ago, cocheese said:

Dickson County is in a tough spot with Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, and Independence all on their schedule.  They were thrown in an incredibly challenging region and they just do not have the numbers to compete against those large Williamson County powerhouse programs.  

They beat McGavock who was a playoff team out of their 6A region.  If they moved Dickson County into that region or dropped them down to 5A (where they should be playing honestly) then they would have a much better football team.  

Their problem is not coaching.  It's numbers, resources, socioeconomic status, and goes far beyond the stripes on a football field or the gentlemen standing on the sideline.  

Currently Vacant

Cheatham County

Clinton

Cumberland County

Franklin County

Germantown

Green Hill

Goodpasture

Harding Academy

Hixson

Lincoln County

Loretto

Memphis Overton

Pigeon Forge

Red Boiling Springs

Siegel

Silverdale

Southwind

Station Camp

Westview

30 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I can tell you who’s not replacing him. Hard for me to see any HS coaches around here taking that job or being offered except a couple and I know ones name who isn’t involved. Why do I know that? He told me yesterday to my face. Carry on I suppose :rolleyes:

I would like to find out who the rumor monger was. (Not Matty D.) I'm talking about the person that was feeding the information from Mossy Creek. They had a lot of details correct, but not the complete story. They knew just enough to be dangerous. I hear Clinton may have found their guy. 

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Things may change with reclassification, but DC is in a tough spot. Not sure a coaching change really changes a whole lot. Best thing for them would be to get in 5A where they have a better chance of winning some games

5A has really been weak the last few years. Would like to see my friends in Dickson in that classification and be successful. Even though I get tired of hearing about the 88 state champs. LOL

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Murfreesboro. I think I got my years mixed up I was thinking 88 was the year Dickson County beat Oakland

You're right. I just remember it being a huge deal that they got by Gallatin. The girl I was dating was very excited when she heard, she had graduated from DC. I remember her saying "We can finally win state!" She was right. Apparently Gallatin had knocked them out of the playoffs several times.