Reclassification

smokefb

On 11/21/2019 at 11:28 AM, BeachHound said:

It isn't already? When rural schools make a run, and even some urban schools, the travel is already pretty crazy.  

It is an idea... I am not sure what population would constitute urban/rural, but there is tremendous disparity between a William Blount, Heritage, Campbell County, Cherokee etc. and an Oak Ridge, Maryville, etc.    

Could be wrong but isn't Maryville and WB about 5 minutes apart?  So why is one more rural than the other?  Because they don't win?

2 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Could be wrong but isn't Maryville and WB about 5 minutes apart?  So why is one more rural than the other?  Because they don't win?

County school system vs. City/Independent school system.  Please don't use a false equivalency argument.  My son goes to a city school and the disparity between that school and the county district is incredible in all aspects from academics, campus life, and athletics.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:10 AM, FBfan26 said:

Then you get people who want to put aMultiplier on open zones which would put everybody in Nashville 5 or 6a along with memphis

Something needs to be done about excessive tuition students in open zone. Maybe kick them over with privates after they go over a certain percentage. 

22 hours ago, BeachHound said:

County school system vs. City/Independent school system.  Please don't use a false equivalency argument.  My son goes to a city school and the disparity between that school and the county district is incredible in all aspects from academics, campus life, and athletics.

what is the difference?  City school better or worse?  I"m not familiar with that.

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Best recruits in the area. Over 50% out of zone players. Bunch of cheaters!

Lol..I see what your trying to do. Its not the same and not even relevant to this board. What bothers people in Cookeville is a very good prescott team all mostly went to upperman. Juniors now. Its not unusual for prescott kids to go to upperman it is probably closer than cookeville high. They were ju.st expected to go to CHS. These arent tuition students. Just putnam county kids thst preferred uhs over chs. Im sure quite a bit of that goes on in Blount. Considering the other 2 schools football records. My gripe is kids that live outside the county that are trasported in daily.