Reclassification 2020

Devilsx5

11 hours ago, Devilsx5 said:

Teams moving up or down thoughts?

I heard that they were going to change some zones in West Knoxville so some schools will pick up # and some will lose. BHS/HVA will lose # and Karns will gain some #. Farragut might lose some but where they send those students, who knows. I just know Knox County will not change the sacred West zone. If they did it would solve some overcrowding in the West, but it is politically impossible.

43 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

I heard that they were going to change some zones in West Knoxville so some schools will pick up # and some will lose. BHS/HVA will lose # and Karns will gain some #. Farragut might lose some but where they send those students, who knows. I just know Knox County will not change the sacred West zone. If they did it would solve some overcrowding in the West, but it is politically impossible.

I'm not really sure how to solve the overcrowding concerns in West Knox, short of building another high school on the west end of Farragut. Building HVA helped ease things at Farragut and Karns, but I don't see where you could get any other relief. 

8 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not really sure how to solve the overcrowding concerns in West Knox, short of building another high school on the west end of Farragut. Building HVA helped ease things at Farragut and Karns, but I don't see where you could get any other relief. 

They are expanding and putting up tons of houses down I40 West. They are going to have to build another high school. No other way around it. 

15 minutes ago, HTV said:

Rumors I am hearing are that Fulton and Gibbs are going back down to 4A where their enrollment numbers put them. 

Like I said, only rumors at this point, but rumors coming from people inside those buildings.  

That means you would have AC, Fulton, Gibbs in a region together. If Seymour, and carter drop down you could bring in Union County and have a knoxville area region.

18 minutes ago, HTV said:

Rumors I am hearing are that Fulton and Gibbs are going back down to 4A where their enrollment numbers put them. 

Like I said, only rumors at this point, but rumors coming from people inside those buildings.  

And to be honest, this is where they belong. Fulton most likely wanted to be in 5A to avoid Catholic, but Catholic ended up there anyways with the multiplier before moving to DII.

4 minutes ago, CHSAlum04 said:

And to be honest, this is where they belong. Fulton most likely wanted to be in 5A to avoid Catholic, but Catholic ended up there anyways with the multiplier before moving to DII.

It was more about travel than it was about Catholic for Fulton.  AC was going to be the only nearby 4A school, meaning they would end up either traveling to UET or Chattanooga for region games, like AC has been doing.  

27 minutes ago, HTV said:

If only Alcoa would move to 4A with them, would be a great region. 

• Like 1