Milan @ Wooddale 2nd rd

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

31 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

wow! I did not see that one coming. Looks like Milan is going to have its hands full. We saw the Cardinals in the first round last year. They must have gotten a lot bigger and more physical than when we played them. Hopefully it is a clean injury free game. 

I'm not trying to be overly negative here...I saw them at a 3 way scrimmage with Liberty and SGC, they arrived late, did a 5 minutes stretch maybe and then dropped the hammer on both squads...I remembered them from a few years ago when Turner's Liberty worked them over relentlessly...completely different brand of football now...SGC had some nice plays from time to time...at the time I was under the impression Wooddale was 5A and mildly impressed...seeing they are 3A...whew

I'm sure both squads have improved since early season...but Wooddale has a much higher ceiling than the Bulldogs

3 minutes ago, Ironmaker said:

I don't see it happening...Woodale's schedule, IMO, isn't anywhere close to what Milan, or anyone else in region 7-3a for that matter, has faced week in and week out. Those dog fights in the regular season will have an impact in how teams compete in the playoffs. Milan will grind it out and live to play again. I just don't think Woodale has the motivation that will be required. 

I'm not a Memphis area HS football kind of guy...majority of their teams are awful...but every now and again they have some teams that are above avg with some solid coaching...IMO is what most schools in Memphis lack...This squad is impressive

1 minute ago, dhstennis said:

I'm not trying to be overly negative here...I saw them at a 3 way scrimmage with Liberty and SGC, they arrived late, did a 5 minutes stretch maybe and then dropped the hammer on both squads...I remembered them from a few years ago when Turner's Liberty worked them over relentlessly...completely different brand of football now...SGC had some nice plays from time to time...at the time I was under the impression Wooddale was 5A and mildly impressed...seeing they are 3A...whew

I'm sure both squads have improved since early season...but Wooddale has a much higher ceiling than the Bulldogs

Fair enough. I have to take you at your words. I will tell you that this will not be a blowout. If Woodale is that good they are going to have to earn every single point they score. Milan's defense is too good. Especially if Woodale come out running the I formation. Milan has been running that for decades and all the coaches know everything there is to know about how to stop it. Thanks for posting. 

16 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

I'm not a Memphis area HS football kind of guy...majority of their teams are awful...but every now and again they have some teams that are above avg with some solid coaching...IMO is what most schools in Memphis lack...This squad is impressive

I'm with you.  Woodale is a good football team and I think they definitely have potential to beat Milan depending on the effort level that Milan plays with. I know Milan has the athletes and ability to be as good as anyone in the State if they want to be. Question is though, will the motivation of playing SGC / Covington again be enough to get them past Woodale. I think so, but maybe I am underestimating Woodale. 

42 minutes ago, Ironmaker said:

I'm with you.  Woodale is a good football team and I think they definitely have potential to beat Milan depending on the effort level that Milan plays with. I know Milan has the athletes and ability to be as good as anyone in the State if they want to be. Question is though, will the motivation of playing SGC / Covington again be enough to get them past Woodale. I think so, but maybe I am underestimating Woodale. 

Kinda share the same thought. Apparently Woodale is the real deal. I knew they were pretty good. They also have the luxury of playing a weak schedule as well. I guess we will find out Friday night! 

21 hours ago, Ironmaker said:

I don't see it happening...Woodale's schedule, IMO, isn't anywhere close to what Milan, or anyone else in region 7-3a for that matter, has faced week in and week out. Those dog fights in the regular season will have an impact in how teams compete in the playoffs. Milan will grind it out and live to play again. I just don't think Woodale has the motivation that will be required. 

Wooddale has seniors that don't wan't their season to end just like anyone else, so they definitely got the necessary motivation  :popcorneater: 

19 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Kinda share the same thought. Apparently Woodale is the real deal. I knew they were pretty good. They also have the luxury of playing a weak schedule as well. I guess we will find out Friday night! 

You lying to yourself saying Wooddale played a weak schedule : Briarcrest, Melrose, Lasanne and CBHS... and they beat Westview just as bad as Milan... 

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

What's with the "Of course they don't"?

Covington just played at Melrose, where they have a very nice stadium with artificial turf. I asked an honest question.

Most of the inner city schools aka Former Memphis City Schools don't have on Campus stadiums. It's funny that you brought up Melrose's stadium, which was one of the first in the City to get Field Turf due to Alumni donations, they have to WALK from the HS to the stadium. I figured you knew that most inner city schools that weren't once majority white or out in the county didn't have their own stadiums. No harm meant on my end.