Riverside at Forrest

@38320

Wavo fans, to a man, are guilty of psychologically inspired "If they kicked our butts they will kick yours too" thinking. Doesn't surprise me a bit. They are arrogant even in (resounding) defeat. You guys weren't even competitive to a 5-5 team. I won't pick this game til late next week, but I do NOT think they will mercy rule us.

• Like 1

• Forrest is 1-2 in the playoffs against Riverside since 2011. Losses in 2011 and 2014. Won in 2013. 
  • Riverside played a common Forrest opponent 2x. Lewis. Riverside lost to them 28-7 at home in Sept, and won 13-9 at Lewis last week. Forrest defeated Lewis on 11/1, 16-13. Lewis was more up for Forrest than they were Riverside. 
  • Lewis i think it's fair to say, is better than Waverly on offense and defense this year (Waverly goose-egged last night against Riverside)
  • Either you think that Riverside has transformed into world-beaters, or you believe that Lewis had a letdown against Riverside after losing to Forrest, and Waverly just isn't very good. 

• Riverside played another Forrest opponent, Hickman Co, and won 27-20. Forrest beat Hickman 37-7. 
  • Adamville, usually a 2A power, went 4-7 this year. One of those 4 wins was a 7-0 victory against Riverside. 
  • Riverside's 5 losses are Lewis Co, Lexington, Houston Co (27-10, Eagleville beat Houston Co 8-7 two weeks ago, Forrest just beat Eagleville 32-6), Adamsville, and Waverly. Riverside has avenged 2 of those 5 losses the last 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, EHSEagles said:

Obviously Riverside has some momentum going, and their 5-5 regular season record is not indicative of what they are capable of, but they better keep their foot on the gas cause Forrest is the real deal. I think Forrest gets the win, but it won’t be like the last 2 weeks.

I think since Riverside avenged Lewis and Waverly they should be considered a 3 loss team. However those 3 losses are Lexingon (a 4A team who made the playoffs, lost 2nd round),  a 4-7 Adamsville, and a Houston Co team (that Eagleville beat last week), by 17 on their home field at Riverside. 

Forrest beat two 4A teams this season, one of them, Portland, a playoff team who lost 1st round. 

51 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

I think since Riverside avenged Lewis and Waverly they should be considered a 3 loss team. However those 3 losses are Lexingon (a 4A team who made the playoffs, lost 2nd round),  a 4-7 Adamsville, and a Houston Co team (that Eagleville beat last week), by 17 on their home field at Riverside. 

Forrest beat two 4A teams this season, one of them, Portland, a playoff team who lost 1st round. 

You're just looking at us on paper General Bedford. Truth is the Waverly boys know just about as much about us as they do their own team. BTW what ever happened to that Amerigha guy from Forrest? Are you related to him or is that you? 

12 minutes ago, @38320 said:

You're just looking at us on paper General Bedford. Truth is the Waverly boys know just about as much about us as they do their own team. BTW what ever happened to that Amerigha guy from Forrest? Are you related to him or is that you? 

Just? There is no "just". ANYTHING can happen Friday. There's been a lot ao "OMG THIS RIVERSIDE TEAM HAS TURNED INTO LSU IN 3 WEEKS" talk so I'm just looking at the big picture. If you want to challenge something specific I wrote, be my guest.   

14 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Their own team that just lost to you by FIVE scores on their home field? Forgive me if I don't hold their opinions as Gospel. Theyd rather Forrest lose than their own team win. 

56 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Didn’t realize Houston Co beat them, and by 17, at Riverside. That’s not a blowout, but it’s not a squeaker either. Just shows  the randomness that high school football can be. 

• CoachT locked this topic