Round 3: Blackman (8-4) at Oakland (12-0)

MidTennFootball

13 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Anyone underestimating Oakland is crazy.   I remember last year too well. Oakland had just escaped Mt Juliet.  I remember thinking even though Maryville was playing without Tee Hodge  that Maryville still had a chance.  Boy was I wrong.  

I'll be more than glad to watch Hodge on Saturdays next year, it seems like he's been at Maryville forever

Edited by MidTennFootball

4 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Going to be real interesting to see which team is the hungriest at this point of the season.

I just wish the Maryville and who from Rutherford County game would be streamed. 

Hit mite bee tha Dobbuns Bent-It and who frum Ruthurferd Cownty gaim.....:unsure:

LOD eye ant shore whut teem iz tha hungriust.......Butt eye definatlee know fer 100% shore which fan iz......:hungry:....:wub:

3 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Hit mite bee tha Dobbuns Bent-It and who frum Ruthurferd Cownty gaim.....:unsure:

LOD eye ant shore whut teem iz tha hungriust.......Butt eye definatlee know fer 100% shore which fan iz......:hungry:....:wub:

tHANKS STARZ... i KNEW THE BLAZE COULD COUNT ON YOU ....RIGHT?????  STARZ????...YOU THERE...RIGHT??      The talent is ther at Blackman ...always has been... I don't know whats missing.....Don't know if they have it figured out any better this year than in the past ... Should be a good game ... toss up.

Edited by Blaze45

On 11/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, LawandOrder said:

Blackman has more talented players overall than Oakland.  As long as the head coach doesn’t spit out the bit , they have no reason to worry.

Yeah it shows... 

No one really believes that. Not even the Blackman folks. 

As talented - yes

More talented - no

Edited by GoPats2019

On 11/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, LawandOrder said:

Blackman has more talented players overall than Oakland.  As long as the head coach doesn’t spit out the bit , they have no reason to worry.

So the record at Blackman (and the 40-0 loss to Oakland in October) - the Coaching staff? Since Blackman is more talented? Has to be  coaching right????

No reason to worry? - So the  coaching issue has somehow miraculously healed itself?

Your statement is ridiculous.

Players play games. ALL Coaches do their best to give their kids a chance to be successful. Based on historical facts, you cannot say Blackman is more talented than Oakland. 

Now I will say Oakland is a better coached team in my opinion BUT ultimately it boils down to players wanting to, and making plays when it matters (and you can't teach or coach a cat to be a dog - dogs are BORN dogs)

Oakland has more DOGS

Oakland wins this one - Blackman keeps it within 3 TD's.

8 minutes ago, 422PT said:

So the record at Blackman (and the 40-0 loss to Oakland in October) - the Coaching staff? Since Blackman is more talented? Has to be  coaching right????

No reason to worry? - So the  coaching issue has somehow miraculously healed itself?

Players play games. ALL Coaches do their best to give their kids a chance to be successful. Based on historical facts, you cannot say Blackman is more talented than Oakland. 

Now I will say Oakland is a better coached team in my opinion BUT ultimately it boils down to players wanting to, and making plays when it matters (and you can't teach or coach a cat to be a dog - dogs are BORN dogs)

Oakland has more DOGS

Gotta give him credit, every year he picks Blackman to win going away (since Teague's Sr year ) and every year he eats crow, but still comes back. Maybe one year he will get it right 

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Gotta give him credit, every year he picks Blackman to win going away (since Teague's Sr year ) and every year he eats crow, but still comes back. Maybe one year he will get it right 

13 minutes ago, 422PT said:

Oakland has more DOGS

So will say this and a perfect example of more talent. Master Teagues senior year Blackman absolutely had more  talent .. Knox, Murphy, Otey, Brown Burks(kicker) a tom of talent on the line,,, by far one of the most talented teams as player go,,,,I agree you gotta be a dog, but the end of the day Coaching matters, more than anyone is admitting,  

My favorite topic! Ability or Dependability?  Dogs are great to have, but only if they are playing within the scheme.  You can have the best scheme on paper, but it you don't have the athletes you can't pull it off.  At the end of the day football has been, and will be, which 11 play the best as a team.  I have admired Maryville for years.  They have not always had the best athletes but played the best as a team.  I'd take a group of 11 disciplined football players doing what they are coached to do over dogs any day.  Ability or Dependability? I agree with Bill Belichick.  Dependability!

12 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

So will say this and a perfect example of more talent. Master Teagues senior year Blackman absolutely had more  talent .. Knox, Murphy, Otey, Brown Burks(kicker) a tom of talent on the line,,, by far one of the most talented teams as player go,,,,I agree you gotta be a dog, but the end of the day Coaching matters, more than anyone is admitting,  

Unfortunately for Blackman, most of Oaklands talent played defense. In the hands of a good OC, losing Teague shouldn't have mattered. Give Oakland a Teague or a Mathers and they're going 15-0