Round 3: Blackman (8-4) at Oakland (12-0)

MidTennFootball

20 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Here is my only two cents worth. I think to be fair when looking at records and coaching you have to look at the Talent that existed when Watson was there and now with Kit

Watson Teague, Murphy, Jordan Brown, Trey Knox, Joeseph Sewell, Amauri Burks,Miller Armstrong, And the kicker Burkes   and a half dozen other very talented players  all at the same time ... this is not a slap at Watson because I admire him and have great respect for him. 

Kit had a couple of those players as well as Elder, as his best team from a talent perspective. 

I think Justus saw it as you have more raw talent than half a dozen sunbelt teams and did not win the games that matter. I think it will be a long climb back for Blackman with Rockvale now in the zone, and expect them to be competitive in the next 2 years, They will have a team that is loaded with talent who spent 4 years playing ball against  the Blackmans Oaklands and Riverdales... 

While I think Rockvale is going to be good, Blackman still has all the key components in place to keep their stranglehold on 2nd. Rockvale did hurt their depth, but they should be able to build that back up.

When Watson was in charge, you could use Oakland as a measuring stick, but even in just 2 years things are vastly different bc Blackman just doesn't the kind of quantity of high level talent they had under Shadowens and Watson

The freshman and middle school games were perfect examples. Both Blackman teams were solid, but the talent for Oakland is just on another level which makes it impossible with their coaching. They have 3 freshmen that would start for 90% of the programs in Tennessee

If I was a Blackman fan, I would take heart in the fact that A.) The kids play hard for Hartsfield B.)He's willing to adapt midseason and not try to pigeon hole something for an entire season. I didn't agree with everything they did Friday, but I understood what they were trying to accomplish

Creasy got to learn under some of the best coaches this state has produced in Satterfield and Sharp. Hartsfield has learned under some good ones as heck and played a small part in getting the Oakland machine rolling.  The guy is also barely into his 30s so he's learning on the job, the isn't some retread that Blackman hired.

I say all that to say this: If Blackman is patient and lets him grow into his role, they'll be fine

50 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

While I think Rockvale is going to be good, Blackman still has all the key components in place to keep their stranglehold on 2nd. Rockvale did hurt their depth, but they should be able to build that back up.

When Watson was in charge, you could use Oakland as a measuring stick, but even in just 2 years things are vastly different bc Blackman just doesn't the kind of quantity of high level talent they had under Shadowens and Watson

The freshman and middle school games were perfect examples. Both Blackman teams were solid, but the talent for Oakland is just on another level which makes it impossible with their coaching. They have 3 freshmen that would start for 90% of the programs in Tennessee

If I was a Blackman fan, I would take heart in the fact that A.) The kids play hard for Hartsfield B.)He's willing to adapt midseason and not try to pigeon hole something for an entire season. I didn't agree with everything they did Friday, but I understood what they were trying to accomplish

Creasy got to learn under some of the best coaches this state has produced in Satterfield and Sharp. Hartsfield has learned under some good ones as heck and played a small part in getting the Oakland machine rolling.  The guy is also barely into his 30s so he's learning on the job, the isn't some retread that Blackman hired.

I say all that to say this: If Blackman is patient and lets him grow into his role, they'll be fine

100% agree

16 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

aia don't think Kit is going anywhere or needs too... and to my point The best team Blackman fielded as far as talent goes, would be year before last with teague, knox, brown conner mitchell and burks at kicker , murphy, and sewell. much talent and I think that played a part with Watson... I really think the world of him, but think the powers that be made it hard with that talent and not advancing to keep him in role 

16 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Hartsfield played a part of getting the Oakland Machine rolling?  Are you serious?  Just because he coached middle school for OMS?  Hartsfield has been on the Blackman staff for some time now.  He has had as much or more talent as Watson.  His still has zero wins against Oakland.  Blackman should have not lost 5 games this year. 

1 hour ago, LawandOrder said:

Hartsfield played a part of getting the Oakland Machine rolling?  Are you serious?  Just because he coached middle school for OMS?  Hartsfield has been on the Blackman staff for some time now.  He has had as much or more talent as Watson.  His still has zero wins against Oakland.  Blackman should have not lost 5 games this year. 

You miss the part where u said SMALL? Hartsfield set the standard for success at OMS and later became and became an invaluable member of McDaniel's  staff. Oakland became a juggernaut because they built their program from bottom up, a process started by McDaniel and perfected by Creasy. So yes I'm dead serious when I say Kit played a small part in that.

Outside of Indy, Blackman didn't have a loss that was unexpected. Blackman could taken the easy route and racked up wins but Hartsfield chose to get his team ready for the playoffs. Pick whatever Coach you want for Blackman, they're losing 3-4 games with the 13 games they played

O

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

You miss the part where u said SMALL? Hartsfield set the standard for success at OMS and later became and became an invaluable member of McDaniel's  staff. Oakland became a juggernaut because they built their program from bottom up, a process started by McDaniel and perfected by Creasy. So yes I'm dead serious when I say Kit played a small part in that.

Outside of Indy, Blackman didn't have a loss that was unexpected. Blackman could taken the easy route and racked up wins but Hartsfield chose to get his team ready for the playoffs. Pick whatever Coach you want for Blackman, they're losing 3-4 games with the 13 games they played

Respectfully agree to disagree.

Edited by LawandOrder

• 2 weeks later...