Whitehaven at Houston

kwc

13 hours ago, coach10ac said:

Houston defense is suspect. they give up alot of points. we dont!! Xfactor in this game will be if sneed comes to play!! 

Sneed? That's not what I think. Sneed is fine. Hard to hit the hole when the opposing team's DL is hitting you as soon as you get the hand off. Also, what's up with the OL getting all of these illegal man down field calls? We had 3 TDs called back in the prior game and one I remember was because of that. 

1 hour ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

You’re telling me they don’t have a package with Eason and French? I would hammer folks with them inside the 5. heck maybe even down the field.

No package with them. I remember we experimented with Eason at TE during the summer. He looked good too. We have some other big guys who fill those roles at TE anyway.

14 hours ago, kwc said:

Sneed? That's not what I think. Sneed is fine. Hard to hit the hole when the opposing team's DL is hitting you as soon as you get the hand off. Also, what's up with the OL getting all of these illegal man down field calls? We had 3 TDs called back in the prior game and one I remember was because of that. 

sneed needs to more than his usual. he needs at least 2 TDs and 200yds...at the least...he is a good back but this game I need him to be great to move on....dude this last game officials were just terrible...periodt!!! pare is awesome and our D is gonna have to work to contain him. but we need our RB to step up and best him Friday night!! 

55 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

sneed needs to more than his usual. he needs at least 2 TDs and 200yds...at the least...he is a good back but this game I need him to be great to move on....dude this last game officials were just terrible...periodt!!! pare is awesome and our D is gonna have to work to contain him. but we need our RB to step up and best him Friday night!! 

OK ... I see where you are coming from, but in order for Sneed to shine then his OL has to shine with him. He will be great if he can get the ball and look upfield and not have to dodge a DL as soon as he gets the ball. The OL needs to block while moving their feet ... no reaching and grabbing or becoming an illegal man downfield on pass plays. This game hinges on the OL play, pure and simple. They do thier JOB, we win.

Edited by kwc

Common Opponents:

Houston

HHS 36,  Southaven HS 12 ... 8/23/19

HHS 48, Central 13 ... 8/30/19

HHS 38, Cordova 7 ... 10/25/19

HHS 56, G-town 12 ... 11/8/19*

HHS 55, White Station 20 ... 11/15/19*

Whitehaven

WHS 17, Southaven HS 6 ... 9/20/19

WHS 21, Cordova 0 ... 9/27/19

WHS 17, White Station 0 ... 10/11/19

WHS 39, G-town 0 ... 10/25/19

WHS 17, Central 0 ... 11/1/19

WHS 50, Cordova 8 ... 11/8/19*

WHS 13, Central 0 ... 11/15/19*

* = Playoff games

Houston has scored an average of 46.6 ppg through the 5 times they played these common opponents. They have averaged giving up 12.0 ppg during same 5 contest. Narowing the scope if we look at just the playoffs, then Houston has averaged a whopping 55.5 ppg while giving up an average of 16 ppg.

Whitehaven has scored an  average of 22.0 ppg while playing these same common opponents on 7 different occassions. They have averaged allowing 2.0 ppg during those same 7 games played. Narrowiung our scope to just the playoffs, we see that Whitehaven has scored an average of 31.5 ppg while only allowing a measly 2,0 ppg.

Food for thought.

Edited by kwc

This doesn't change anything but it speaks very highly of the football that is going to be played this Friday night. It's official, two of the three Class 6A Mr. Football Award finalist are playing against each other. Houston's Lincoln Pare and Whitehaven's Bryson Eason. To make it further intrigue ... Lincoln Pare is Houston's stud RB and Bryson is Whitehaven's stud ILB. Talk about iconic. I don't know if this is unprecedented, but it's RARE. How often do you get to watch a match-up of Mr. Football Award finalist compete against each other like this!

If you live in West TN and you are a high school football fan, you don't want to miss this!!!

Edited by kwc