Whitehaven at Houston

kwc

18 hours ago, kwc said:

This doesn't change anything but it speaks very highly of the football that is going to be played this Friday night. It's official, two of the three Class 6A Mr. Football Award finalist are playing against each other. Houston's Lincoln Pare and Whitehaven's Bryson Eason. To make it further intrigue ... Lincoln Pare is Houston's stud RB and Bryson is Whitehaven's stud ILB. Talk about iconic. I don't know if this is unprecedented, but it's RARE. How often do you get to watch a match-up of Mr. Football Award finalist compete against each other like this!

If you live in West TN and you are a high school football fan, you don't want to miss this!!!

IS IT FRIDAY YET?!?!?!?!

Honest analysis, this will be Whitehaven's toughest game this season mainly because Houston has dedicated their season to getting to this point. Like they really want to KILL Whitehaven on that field and I don't think it's just a Team thing, I feel like their whole school is about that life. They will have a lively crowd cheering them on to victory not to mention that piped in sound WHICH IS BS btw but whatever, I just hope that the Whitehaven coaches creates the intensity needed to get Whitehaven to start fast and finish stronger in order to get this win! At the end of the day, Whitehaven is a better team but when the other team is as motivated to win as Houston is anything can happen. IF Whitehaven holds this team under 21 points I'll be shocked and amazed. What I'm saying is THE OFFENSE HAS TO DO THEIR PART... No FGs inside the 20 yard line, Score TDs with the Goal line Offense, make big plays in the passing game, etc! The OC simply needs to get a big back package and I hope he's going over more situational scenarios (3rd and long, Red Zone, short yardage/Goal line) this week in his HEAD if not in practice. This is Chess not marbles, be a step ahead of the other team's DC and put up 35+, PLEASE, Coach D! 

Let's go Whitehaven and as always

RESPECT DA HAVEN   

5 hours ago, Salem said:

Has a 6A back ever put up Lincoln Pare's numbers and team success and not received any major D1 consideration? 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BrLip

The young man is cold blooded but SIZE usually determines those upper D1 type offers. I want to know if he has any offers or not because I can definitely see dude ballin out in the OVC or SoCo when it's all said and done. Heck, he could be a baller in the Sun Belt or MAC in the right system. Pare is a baller! 

35 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BrLip

The young man is cold blooded but SIZE usually determines those upper D1 type offers. I want to know if he has any offers or not because I can definitely see dude ballin out in the OVC or SoCo when it's all said and done. Heck, he could be a baller in the Sun Belt or MAC in the right system. Pare is a baller! 

Unfortunately unless your from Georgia or Florida, MTSU won't have much interest in you

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Unfortunately unless your from Georgia or Florida, MTSU won't have much interest in you

While there weren’t 6 classes at the time....3A was the biggest....Joe Campbell at Stratford!  2 time offensive player of the year, over 4K yds rushing....had to go to OVC with no big offers....and he balled out at MTSU...drafted by Rams....later played arena ball for Nashville Kats.  MTSU has done a lot of changing since moving up....wonder if Boots would still recruit local....???

2 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

While there weren’t 6 classes at the time....3A was the biggest....Joe Campbell at Stratford!  2 time offensive player of the year, over 4K yds rushing....had to go to OVC with no big offers....and he balled out at MTSU...drafted by Rams....later played arena ball for Nashville Kats.  MTSU has done a lot of changing since moving up....wonder if Boots would still recruit local....???

25-30 years ago, I'd understand, not enough talent to justify, but there is enough talent where 40% of each signing class should be instate

41 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

25-30 years ago, I'd understand, not enough talent to justify, but there is enough talent where 40% of each signing class should be instate

No doubt.  I think Pare should get a look in-state.  I’ve only seen tape of him so I can’t judge his size.  If he looks good against that defense against 3 Vol pledges....somebody will be calling.  I think The Haven takes this unless he looks like Superman that night.