South Doyle vs Knox Central - Round 3

bisonpride1

Rematch from this season where South Doyle beat Knox Central 38-10 in a downpour. Forecast looks clear for this Friday so obviously Central will have their passing game back and will be on a revenge mission. Central couldn't stop Elijah Young last matchup who rushed for 5 TD's and 250 yards. Will they be able to stop him this time? And Mason Brang is finally back from a broken leg that sidelined him earlier this season against Gibbs. Central also regains the 2 players that were suspended for the last matchup. Who do you all see taking this game and facing either West or Powell in the semis?

I made the comment last week that having the defensive players back against Gibbs would make a big difference. I think Gibbs had 1 first down in the first half and were pretty much shut down until the end of the game when they scored. As for SD, we have to keep Young from the big play. A couple of points, Young had 5 breakaway TD's for about 179 yds in the first game. SD had around 85 yds rushing on 36 carries otherwise. They had 1 first down in the first half and 3 by the end of the 3 quarter. All of these stats mean nothing if they don't stop Young from getting away. Brang being back may be a blessing for Central. It takes the ball out of Young's hands more and allows Central's pass rush to be used. Also. Central's offense is really clicking right now. I like Central in this one. Yes, I know, I'm a Central fan!  lol