Four class basketball

Indian

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

4 classifications is going to happen I'm pretty sure

Going to be interesting to see what happens. GC will have more talent, IMO in 2021 than they did last year when we won it. I personally wish it stays three classes. GC will compete at a high level I am sure but this definitely, IMO won’t help them win more titles.

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens. GC will have more talent, IMO in 2021 than they did last year when we won it. I personally wish it stays three classes. GC will compete at a high level I am sure but this definitely, IMO won’t help them win more titles.

Based on projections, GC would be on the bubble in 3 classes and would be in 2A in four classes.

28 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

AA is easier to win the last two years than Class A. Loretto now is the favorite in AA next year. It’s actually better for everybody to go to 4 classes. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

28 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I think if it stays like it is we will be Single A at 470 ish. 500 is the minimum for AA right? Will be interesting for sure.

There is no minimum. Competing schools are divided evenly by the number of classes. Charter schools in Memphis make things so unpredictable. Schools opening and closing all the time and students moving around make numbers fluctuate wildly. 

Using 2018 enrollment, GC's 481 would make it just below the cut to stay in Class A in the current format. Four classes would put cut around 400.

On 1/31/2020 at 3:37 PM, NWhoopaholic said:

There is no minimum. Competing schools are divided evenly by the number of classes. Charter schools in Memphis make things so unpredictable. Schools opening and closing all the time and students moving around make numbers fluctuate wildly. 

Using 2018 enrollment, GC's 481 would make it just below the cut to stay in Class A in the current format. Four classes would put cut around 400.

I think it's time to figure out a way to cut out 81 students.....

Edited by GCPioneer

On 1/31/2020 at 1:23 PM, GCPioneer said:

4 classifications is going to happen I'm pretty sure

I'm hearing that four and five classes will be proposed, and that most will favor going to four... also hearing that football may go to five instead of the current six. Looks almost certain that four classes will pass, but I'm skeptical that football will change due to lost revenue.