Trousdale at Meigs: The Rematch to go to Cookeville

tcjacket13

6 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

I'm not taking anything away from the young man, I just do not buy that the loss was due to him being sick as much as it was that the other team played better.  We keep hearing that and it gets old...basically taking away or cheapening the effort of the SP team.

I don’t think a single Meigs poster has said anything except that you were the better team that day. Ask the player and I bet he’ll agree and never mention being sick. I bet this team or coaches wouldn’t make excuse for that loss just like I never heard them make excuses after last years loss to Trousdale.  

Just now, Turu said:

I don’t think a single Meigs poster has said anything except that you were the better team that day. Ask the player and I bet he’ll agree and never mention being sick. I bet this team or coaches wouldn’t make excuse for that loss just like I never heard them make excuses after last years loss to Trousdale.  

Agree 100% if it's being said, it's another teams poster saying it. That night they were the better team. Tonight on the other hand would be a different story.:roflol:

2 hours ago, UncleDave said:

Coming from a Pirate fan, he does not like getting popped.  He may have been sick and not feeling good against the Pirates, but a lot of the problem was that he was getting tattooed on just about every play.  The young man can play and is a great football player.  If TC gets after him and can put a hat on him just about every play, they will have a chance. 

I don't think any player likes getting tattooed every play. Speaking from watching the kid play last year against TC we tattooed the kid almost every chance we got and the kid showed heart and got right back up and came back even harder the next play. I have never once been him complain or even have bad body language. The kid is a ballplayer and tougher than nails. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RTD said:

I don't think any player likes getting tattooed every play. Speaking from watching the kid play last year against TC we tattooed the kid almost every chance we got and the kid showed heart and got right back up and came back even harder the next play. I have never once been him complain or even have bad body language. The kid is a ballplayer and tougher than nails. 

Sounds like he handled it quite well, heck of a performance against a very physical bunch.

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

Sometimes biased  broadcasters can be unfair.  Some are really embarrassing. 

Honestly I've never seen him "Pout" aggravated sure. What kid doesnt get that way when a call cost them yards at your bodies expense lol

8 minutes ago, pujo said:

Sounds like he handled it quite well, heck of a performance against a very physical bunch.

I imagine he was a sore young man.:mrgreen:

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

Shoot we had a QB  a few years back who resided to shoot the opposing fans the bird. It was in the 1st round of the playoffs, that was his last game as QB.

With our coach it would be the same. Really distasteful to see that from players, coaches, parents etc. Gotta draw the line somewhere and hopefully it's way before those type actions. Correcting stuff like that on the field or practice may help a kid keep a job one day or keep them out of jail one day in a heated situation. Gotta keep it under control.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

:rolleyes: y'all keep saying that, but not sure why you would say it.

It’s true, y’all should be the favorites, y’all have the tougher schedule, best player by far, the jackets are a tough physical old school football team that will try to slow the game down and limit what Meigs does on offense because we won’t stop them all night, and hope there is a shot to be had in the 4th to win this thing.

44 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

It’s true, y’all should be the favorites, y’all have the tougher schedule, best player by far, the jackets are a tough physical old school football team that will try to slow the game down and limit what Meigs does on offense because we won’t stop them all night, and hope there is a shot to be had in the 4th to win this thing.

Sandbag 101. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

This will be a great game - haven't seen Meigs but a huge fan of their head coach from connection when he was at Hixson.  As a Tyner fan - I want TC to win so we can say again this year that we got beat by the team that made it to state (or even better won state) - not that I think we could have beaten the teams after us they beat to get there necessarily.

Both teams are very well coached and I believe TC's head coach and defensive staff will have a great plan for Swafford and Meigs.  If Meigs is too one dimensional it will be a long night but Yeti and others say they are not.  The outside run game for TC complemented the pounding of #5 Rankins really well as - #2 was impressive against Tyner.  I could be way off but I think both defensive staffs will get the better end of things and keep the score lower than last year.

Either will represent the East in Cookeville very well - my head says TC but my heart is with the Tigers and Coach Fitzgerald

Meigs - 21

TC - 14