3a Semifinal: Covington at Pearl Cohn

00Chargers

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I wonder if this is a game of musical fields, like musical chairs? If a team shows up at the wrong field then they have to forfeit. I could see the Charger players and coaches driving all over Nashville trying to find the game location.

Let’s see how this shakes out.

No we don't play them games. Google Glenciff high school in Nashville tn can't miss it.

21 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

You petty, but seriously our field is in bad shape. I wouldn't play on it either if I was coaching this game.

How is it other teams are playing home and this is not an issue for them. Grass fields require proper maintenance and then are able to stand up to weekly play. I know grass fields all over metro and other counties that are still playable. Varsity football, JV football,  and freshman games. Soccer and even middle schools use some fields plus band and still playable.  So where is game being played?. It appears that nothing is ever done to their field.  It does require some work .

Edited by hardtackle

9 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

How is it other teams are playing home and this is not an issue for them. Grass fields require proper maintenance and then are able to stand up to weekly play. I know grass fields all over metro and other counties that are still playable. Varsity football, JV football,  and freshman games. Soccer and even middle schools use some fields plus band and still playable.  So where is game being played?. It appears that nothing is ever done to their field.  It does require some work .

Well, Covington has a very good field. However during last year’s playoffs ( all played at home) it got chewed up pretty well. By the time we played Stratford in the semi-finals it was terrible. It had big mud holes and was generally nasty.