3a Semifinal: Covington at Pearl Cohn

00Chargers

2 minutes ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

I will say this about Covington. Andrew Scott number 20 is a player. For from the best I’ve ever seen at Covington but if you don’t hit him before the line of scrimmage he’s getting 3-4 yards and probably carrying a couple guys with him. He’s a stud and keeps drives alive and eats time off the clock with his runs.

We know all about him and #7 and freshman RB as well. 

3 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

You are right about the Covington defense. I've been to most Covington games since 1983 and I've never seen a Covington defense this strong. It's better that the last two years. The most points we gave up this season was 20 to South Gibson in a regular season loss. We were averaging 10 points given up per game before we shut out Wooddale last week.

That's why I told a poster earlier that if PC can score 28 on our defense, PC would probably win.

No doubt this group is good but some of us old guys remember an 84 team that gave up 55 points all year long in 3A when there was only 3 classifications.  With 28 coming in the first game. 5 shutouts and 3 other games where we gave up 6 points or less. Some solid players wearing the purple and gold then.