Redneck Buried-ville thread (Okelund-Mairvul)

STARSNBARS

My thoughts, as little as they really are worth.  I was surprised Friday night with the Rebels when they played Dobyns Bennett.  I have seen the Rebels play 3 prior times but not in the last couple of years.  Based on those prior games I thought that they were an amazing team.  I equated them to a "machine" in action on the DB vs Maryville thread and basically asked the question, how do you beat a machine?

This Rebel team is not what I remember.  They are not a machine.  They were just not as disciplined as the teams from a few years ago were, IMO.  Now don't get me wrong.  They are an excellent team with really good players and coaches.  But they are definitely beatable by any of the higher ranked middle Tennessee teams.

So I'll go out on a limb here.  I think Oakland will beat this Maryville team on their home turf.  That assumes that all is as it appears based on comments from seemingly knowledgeable fans over in the middle of the state.

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

My thoughts, as little as they really are worth.  I was surprised Friday night with the Rebels when they played Dobyns Bennett.  I have seen the Rebels play 3 prior times but not in the last couple of years.  Based on those prior games I thought that they were an amazing team.  I equated them to a "machine" in action on the DB vs Maryville thread and basically asked the question, how do you beat a machine?

This Rebel team is not what I remember.  They are not a machine.  They were just not as disciplined as the teams from a few years ago were, IMO.  Now don't get me wrong.  They are an excellent team with really good players and coaches.  But they are definitely beatable by any of the higher ranked middle Tennessee teams.

So I'll go out on a limb here.  I think Oakland will beat this Maryville team on their home turf.  That assumes that all is as it appears based on comments from seemingly knowledgeable fans over in the middle of the state.

Feeling neglected?