Redneck Buried-ville thread (Okelund-Mairvul)

STARSNBARS

7 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Which ever team comes out on top in this game  will win the state championship game by 4 TDs.

32hammer, I'm with you on this one! Total domination by East representative in 6A the past couple of yrs and one of these same two teams will be back again with several players who have been there, done that, and got a tshirt that they've done wore out to prove it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FargoStrut said:

32hammer, I'm with you on this one! Total domination by East representative in 6A the past couple of yrs and one of these same two teams will be back again with several players who have been there, done that, and got a tshirt that they've done wore out to prove it.

Saw a great Oakland team lose to Whitehaven and we lost to Ravenwood one year I didn't see coming. Sometimes in the past after this big game I think us and Oakland may have let off the gas a little bit thinking this round was the real championship game.

• Upvote 1

Not saying Houston or Ravenwood aren't good enough to beat Oakland or Murvul if they dont come to play. But I honestly think the East semis game is the championship game in 6A. Now, to your point, if the East rep thinks they've won just by showing up in Cookeville, they very well could walk off the field with regret and a L. However, I dont see Murvil or Oakland's HC or seniors letting that happen. East rep wins going away, again. I've been wrong b4 on way more important stuff but that's just my $0.02. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Saw a great Oakland team lose to Whitehaven and we lost to Ravenwood one year I didn't see coming. Sometimes in the past after this big game I think us and Oakland may have let off the gas a little bit thinking this round was the real championship game.

Exactly .... one time we were down 4 td's to Ravenwood and the next time they beat us ... Fortunately I know whichever team from the East does win , the Coaching Staff will not be thinking it's a sure thing 

4 hours ago, pepvol said:

Exactly .... one time we were down 4 td's to Ravenwood and the next time they beat us ... Fortunately I know whichever team from the East does win , the Coaching Staff will not be thinking it's a sure thing 

I've always wondered for us if the perception of a Hendersonville was what we were going to face if Whitehaven didn't show up. I think we all got surprised how well the Ravenwood team was so well coached in both games. The time Oakland lost to Whitehaven, my theory on that one was athletes can beat athletes if your game is just run straight forward using your size and speed to intimidate.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I've always wondered for us if the perception of a Hendersonville was what we were going to face if Whitehaven didn't show up. I think we all got surprised how well the Ravenwood team was so well coached in both games. The time Oakland lost to Whitehaven, my theory on that one was athletes can beat athletes if your game is just run straight forward using your size and speed to intimidate.

The games against Ravenwood are the only time where I felt like another coaching staff caught Maryville flat footed. On the rare occasion you beat Maryville, it's mostly due to just superior personnel, but they are parts of both games where I think Hester may have gotten one over on GQ.

Whitehaven is the worst matchup for Oakland. At their core, their offensive philosophy is the same, but Whitehaven has more athletes. In 2016, I think Creasy was determined come heck or high water, he was going to win using just the Wing-T. You just can't do that against Whitehaven, they're too well coached on defense and big/athletic. Just throwing it around a little bit made all the difference in 2018 and Whitehaven still had their share of successes on defense, it was their offenses that let them down.

I agree with Barney. I remember thinking  Maryville would beat Ravenwood no problem in 2015. Ravenwood kicked Maryvilles butt. In 2016 I thought for sure Oakland would whip Whitehaven. Especially after Oakland whipped a  very good Maryville team.  The score may have been 23 7 but it felt like the 38 0 game. Only difference was Maryville held Oakland twice on 4th down inside the 10. Maryville scored on a hail mary. Both the 2016 and 2018 games were beatdowns.

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

The games against Ravenwood are the only time where I felt like another coaching staff caught Maryville flat footed. On the rare occasion you beat Maryville, it's mostly due to just superior personnel, but they are parts of both games where I think Hester may have gotten one over on GQ.

Whitehaven is the worst matchup for Oakland. At their core, their offensive philosophy is the same, but Whitehaven has more athletes. In 2016, I think Creasy was determined come heck or high water, he was going to win using just the Wing-T. You just can't do that against Whitehaven, they're too well coached on defense and big/athletic. Just throwing it around a little bit made all the difference in 2018 and Whitehaven still had their share of successes on defense, it was their offenses that let them down.

That was the year the Tennessee Titans revamped the whole offense before the finals. It took us a half to catch on and come roaring back!

27-TD.jpg