DA v. USJ for the DII-A Gold Ball

Bellsburg2

7 minutes ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

The bigger of the 2 that left for JC would have got meaningful playing time for usj this year either at RB or on Defense. The kid is a STUD. 

Yes. He would have had 100+ carries this season.  His lost. We are really over those guys. Those are two great kids just maybe getting some bad information. If you leave one team with 2 weeks before the season starts I wonder if you will not move again.  

1 hour ago, USJalum88 said:

Yes. He would have had 100+ carries this season.  His lost. We are really over those guys. Those are two great kids just maybe getting some bad information. If you leave one team with 2 weeks before the season starts I wonder if you will not move again.  

That’s a good point !!! I would have like to seen him and the big freshman lineman develop together over the next 3 years. Also I hear y’all have a pretty good freshman QB over there. Was the QB this year a SR ??

The senior QB that just finished tore both his ACLs, one in the first game of each of the last 2 seasons. He rehabbed all last year and decided to forego surgery this year until after the season. He wore a brace and had sufficient stability to play with very limited mobility the latter half of the season and the playoffs. Andrew Smith will be a senior next year after starting about half the games this year and the last 3 or 4 games last year as a sophomore. He knows the system and should be well groomed by next season. The freshman who led the JV has a big frame, great feet, and seems to read defenses well. Time will tell whether there is a true QB competition, but at a minimum he will push Andrew to continue to improve.

We will lose some offensive playmakers, no doubt, but have some talented kids that have been patiently waiting their turn. We have been grooming another thunder/lightning duo that should hold their own in the ground attack and I think we will be able to maintain things in the trenches as well. Losing 2 great LBs like Craig and Wallace will be production that is hard to replace, but the cupboard is far from bare. The west region will be formidable as mentioned, but I don't believe we will be thoroughly outmanned in any of the contests.

The "what happens when you go back where you belong" talk is a little tired. By my calculations, we are the 4th or 5th largest school of the 17 institutions in II-A. The enrollment drop was no fluke and time will tell where the divide is set and where we fall based on the next reclassification cycle, but I don't think its a foregone conclusion that we end up back in II-AA. Had we been there this year, I believe we would have won 4 or 5 of our 6 region games. We were no doubt a solid playoff team and likely would have made it to the semifinals or quarterfinals at minimum.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

The senior QB that just finished tore both his ACLs, one in the first game of each of the last 2 seasons. He rehabbed all last year and decided to forego surgery this year until after the season. He wore a brace and had sufficient stability to play with very limited mobility the latter half of the season and the playoffs. Andrew Smith will be a senior next year after starting about half the games this year and the last 3 or 4 games last year as a sophomore. He knows the system and should be well groomed by next season. The freshman who led the JV has a big frame, great feet, and seems to read defenses well. Time will tell whether there is a true QB competition, but at a minimum he will push Andrew to continue to improve.

We will lose some offensive playmakers, no doubt, but have some talented kids that have been patiently waiting their turn. We have been grooming another thunder/lightning duo that should hold their own in the ground attack and I think we will be able to maintain things in the trenches as well. Losing 2 great LBs like Craig and Wallace will be production that is hard to replace, but the cupboard is far from bare. The west region will be formidable as mentioned, but I don't believe we will be thoroughly outmanned in any of the contests.

The "what happens when you go back where you belong" talk is a little tired. By my calculations, we are the 4th or 5th largest school of the 17 institutions in II-A. The enrollment drop was no fluke and time will tell where the divide is set and where we fall based on the next reclassification cycle, but I don't think its a foregone conclusion that we end up back in II-AA. Had we been there this year, I believe we would have won 4 or 5 of our 6 region games. We were no doubt a solid playoff team and likely would have made it to the semifinals or quarterfinals at minimum.

Go back where you belong was not said. The question was when you go back in 2021. Yes your enrollment went down. But it has already been creeping back up this year alone. Now throw In That you went to the state championship game. That brings exposure and more students. Going to that game is the best recruiting tool for a school. So it is not getting old to hear the question.it may be getting old to answer the question. It is a fact that USJ will have to face. 

Edited by BigEdMo

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Go back where you belong was not said. The question was when you go back in 2021. Yes your enrollment went down. But it has already been creeping back up this year alone. Now throw In That you went to the state championship game. That brings exposure and more students. Going to that game is the best recruiting tool for a school. So it is not getting old to hear the question.it may be getting old to answer the question. It is a fact that USJ will have to face. 

This is so stupid. They were just there and competed fine. You heel biters should spend more time thinking about sniffing the playoffs in II-A before you worry about USJ maybe playing in II-AA again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kublah said:

This is so stupid. They were just there and competed fine. You heel biters should spend more time thinking about sniffing the playoffs in II-A before you worry about USJ maybe playing in II-AA again.

Dude Y’all get so twisted when someone contradicts USJ. I responded To a post about returning to the championship game. Again MY OPINION is that you are loosing to much this year. Why are we not allowed to have opinions. Y’all definitely give yours and get mad if everyone does not agree. Then you throw in the “ hill biter” comments. I was On an open forum giving my thoughts. Sorry to disagree. If you had seen post before the game a gave compliments and wished you all well. But it is 2 different sets of rules with you guys.  So here you go. YALL WILL WIN STATE NEXT YEAR. AND THE IN 2021 WHEN YALL MOVE BACK UP!!! Good grief. Thin skinned. 

4 minutes ago, Kublah said:

The real question is: if TCA goes 3-4 years without making the playoffs in DII, will y'all have the numbers to field a team or will you have to disband the program?

See there you go again. Not one time did I slam USJ. I meant No disrespect. But Westtnguru makes a comment about you guys moving up y’all loose it. And he is not even a TCA poster.  Cindy Lauper was right with her song. I SEE YOUR TRUE COLORS!!!

7 minutes ago, Kublah said:

The real question is: if TCA goes 3-4 years without making the playoffs in DII, will y'all have the numbers to field a team or will you have to disband the program?

And if you want to play this way here is the REAL question. Y’all get a couple more silver balls are y’all going to fire Stroup like y’all did Marley?  There is not a D2 -A division for you to drop down to get a gold ball!!

8 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

And if you want to play this way here is the REAL question. Y’all get a couple more silver balls are y’all going to fire Stroup like y’all did Marley?  There is not a D2 -A division for you to drop down to get a gold ball!!

BigEdmo, calm down.  You know that it’s not proper to disagree with newbie Coacht posters.  We need to go back to D1 threads where you can heel bite, jab and laugh at each other and not worry about thin skinned newbies!  PeabodyPride, Redrage, UTVol2 and Cardfan have been missing us. They said their heels are getting stiff and needs to be loosened a bit!!

6 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Just shaking the tree and look what fell out! How you like them apples? ;) :bored:

In all seriousness, TCA has a good coaching stuff and has put out some great players over the years...can't wait to see them all wearing baby blue!!!

Kublah,  you are a veteran poster so my comments weren’t toward you.