DA v. USJ for the DII-A Gold Ball

Bellsburg2

18 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Hmmmmm. Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know. Wallace, Carlock, Willis , Taylor, Smith and I believe a couple more  seniors are gone now.  That is a whole lot of football to replace. I mean No disrespect but that is a lot of leadership gone to return to the title game next year. Again no disrespect but what do you have coming up. I hear That a few studs left for another school. 

We are losing those seniors and they will be VERY HARD to replace.  However, we have 3 of the 5 OL back and those 3 were also the starting DL in the 3-4.  USJ has about 8 very good size kids that are going to be sophomores and juniors next year that will compete to fill those line spots.  They got a ton of playing time in our 7 JV games this year.  We lost 5 offensive starters last year and was able to regroup with other returning  players.  

If you say a "few" studs; are you meaning 2 kids?  I'm not sure you can call a kid a stud that has played less than 20 downs in their high school career.  They could end up being very good players and I hate that they left.  They are very good kids as well as athletes.  However, we don't worry about the kids that left.  Our coaches are concentrating on the kids that are at USJ and want to be in our program.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

We are losing those seniors and they will be VERY HARD to replace.  However, we have 3 of the 5 OL back and those 3 were also the starting DL in the 3-4.  USJ has about 8 very good size kids that are going to be sophomores and juniors next year that will compete to fill those line spots.  They got a ton of playing time in our 7 JV games this year.  We lost 5 offensive starters last year and was able to regroup with other returning  players.  

If you say a "few" studs; are you meaning 2 kids?  I'm not sure you can call a kid a stud that has played less than 20 downs in their high school career.  They could end up being very good players and I hate that they left.  They are very good kids as well as athletes.  However, we don't worry about the kids that left.  Our coaches are concentrating on the kids that are at USJ and want to be in our program.  

Like I said I meant No disrespect. But in my opinion you loose more this year than last year. And as far as JV games. Does not count. Quality playing time on the high school varsity team counts. Your coaches are top notch and will figure something out. But I do Not see a return trip next year. Not being a hater just to much lost in my opinion. I could Be wrong because I have Been wrong a lot. And the 2 kids you lost. The word is one would have started next year. I do Have friends over there. I get Some info. Hahahahaahahaha. 

29 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Like I said I meant No disrespect. But in my opinion you loose more this year than last year. And as far as JV games. Does not count. Quality playing time on the high school varsity team counts. Your coaches are top notch and will figure something out. But I do Not see a return trip next year. Not being a hater just to much lost in my opinion. I could Be wrong because I have Been wrong a lot. And the 2 kids you lost. The word is one would have started next year. I do Have friends over there. I get Some info. Hahahahaahahaha. 

I never said that one of the kids wouldn't start next year.  I just made a comment about calling them studs.  We have couple of kids that will be able to fill the running back position next year.  They just didn't get to this year because we had seniors in front of them.  The same thing happen last year when Caleb Willis didn't get to run the ball because he was behind a SR.  We are losing a QB that only played in 1 game last year.  He played remarkable for a kid with a torn ACL. We have  2 good kids that will be competing for the job next year.  One of them started 6 games as a QB this year.  Also, I think JV means something  when you are playing some of the schools we played (Northside, Trenton, Dyer Co).   If I remember correctly, you used middle school football as an example of how things are good in the future for TCA and JC.  I know middle school does not count.  These kids I'm talking about got a lot of time on JV and then also got minutes in some of the blow out varsity games.   We also have a 2 year starting LB that was lost for the season during our 1st game that will be back for his senior year.  We have lost a lot but I think the future is still pretty bright.  We were picked by some to finish 5 in the region this year.  Hoping the same people pick us down there again next year.   

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

I never said that one of the kids wouldn't start next year.  I just made a comment about calling them studs.  We have couple of kids that will be able to fill the running back position next year.  They just didn't get to this year because we had seniors in front of them.  The same thing happen last year when Caleb Willis didn't get to run the ball because he was behind a SR.  We are losing a QB that only played in 1 game last year.  He played remarkable for a kid with a torn ACL. We have  2 good kids that will be competing for the job next year.  One of them started 6 games as a QB this year.  Also, I think JV means something  when you are playing some of the schools we played (Northside, Trenton, Dyer Co).   If I remember correctly, you used middle school football as an example of how things are good in the future for TCA and JC.  I know middle school does not count.  These kids I'm talking about got a lot of time on JV and then also got minutes in some of the blow out varsity games.   We also have a 2 year starting LB that was lost for the season during our 1st game that will be back for his senior year.  We have lost a lot but I think the future is still pretty bright.  We were picked by some to finish 5 in the region this year.  Hoping the same people pick us down there again next year.   

No I have Never put stock in middle school. Can’t. Tca has beat USJ several years in middle school but then cant follow up in high school. But I do remember you lost 5 starters from last year. But all of these seniors this year started last year or played quality minutes. Again no disrespect just my opinion. No need to keep trying to change my opinion. Even though I am TCA I can Have an opinion. And in my pitiful little opinion you loose to much after this year and you will not return to Cookeville next year. And I will Add if you all move back up to 2A after next year you will not see Cookeville again that year. JUST MY OPINION on an open forum board. And as far as being picked 5th I was One of them. I can Handle being wrong. Y’all had a great run. But can y’all handle being wrong. 

Perhaps I'm being a homer, but I think next year will be a good one for USJ. Obviously, we are losing a lot of quality players, but I think we have players who are more than capable of replacing those who are leaving, which GTFan outlined well. DA will be stacked. NCS will be too. I think to pick us third in the region wouldn't be unreasonable. USJ returning to Cookeville is not out of the question. Indeed, a lot would have to go right for that to happen, but it is my opinion that USJ will be every bit as good next season.

Edited by Pledgemaster
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pledgemaster said:

Perhaps I'm being a homer, but I think next year will be a good one for USJ. Obviously, we are losing a lot of quality players, but I think we have players who are more than capable of replacing those who are leaving, which GTFan outlined well. DA will be stacked. NCS will be too. I think to pick us third in the region wouldn't be unreasonable. USJ returning to Cookeville is not out of the question. Indeed, a lot would have to go right for that to happen, but it is my opinion that USJ will be every bit as good next season.

I can Respect your opinion

51 minutes ago, Pledgemaster said:

Where do you predict USJ will finish in 2021............when they are in same division as CPA, CAK, ECS, Lausanne and the rest of AA?

8 minutes ago, WestTnGuru said:

Where do you predict USJ will finish in 2021............when they are in same division as CPA, CAK, ECS, Lausanne and the rest of AA?

We'll worry about that in 2021. I don't know anything about reclassification and truthfully don't really care at this time. The discussion wasn't about two years from now. 

20 minutes ago, WestTnGuru said:

Competitive. Which we would have been this year in AA.  Maybe not make it to Cookeville as ECS and Cpa are great teams. We will have a really talented team in 2021. Who knows what the TSSAA will do regarding numbers.  Hey I am just glad your  Tca team will still play us if we move up and not in the same division. Another private school in Jackson broke a series to “ increase the number of players” in their program. 

3 hours ago, GTfanTN said:

The bigger of the 2 that left for JC would have got meaningful playing time for usj this year either at RB or on Defense. The kid is a STUD. 

12 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Competitive. Which we would have been this year in AA.  Maybe not make it to Cookeville as ECS and Cpa are great teams. We will have a really talented team in 2021. Who knows what the TSSAA will do regarding numbers.  Hey I am just glad your  Tca team will still play us if we move up and not in the same division. Another private school in Jackson broke a series to “ increase the number of players” in their program. 

Ummmm. Don’t think he is a TCA person. If you do your research on the Guru