DA v. USJ for the DII-A Gold Ball

Bellsburg2

5 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Just shaking the tree and look what fell out! How you like them apples? ;) :bored:

In all seriousness, TCA has a good coaching stuff and has put out some great players over the years...can't wait to see them all wearing baby blue!!!

Man plz. That is not shaking the tree. You and others have your panties in a wad when it was brought up about moving up. And it would not surprise if you get some players. It has happened in the past. That’s just how recruiting works. But it looks like JC knows how to recruit also. 

6 minutes ago, Intense said:

BigEdmo, calm down.  You know that it’s not proper to disagree with newbie Coacht posters.  We need to go back to D1 threads where you can heel bite, jab and laugh at each other and not worry about thin skinned newbies!  PeabodyPride, Redrage, UTVol2 and Cardfan have been missing us. They said their heels are getting stiff and needs to be loosened a bit!!

Your right. The newbie diapers are in a wad. I will Head back over to D1 where they at least have the big boy pull up pants. 

Just now, Kublah said:

No worries, brother. Football season isn't even over yet and already missing it!

And it shocked me you got twisted and roped me into a piss contest. My comments were legit and not slamming. But oh well. Good luck next year.  But wait. Y’all won’t need any luck, right?

6 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Man plz. That is not shaking the tree. You and others have your panties in a wad when it was brought up about moving up. And it would not surprise if you get some players. It has happened in the past. That’s just how recruiting works. But it looks like JC knows how to recruit also. 

As a fan, I would rather see them in DII-AA. You get to see great teams and big-time players every week. I don't mean that as a knock in DII-A. Its just that in most years CPA, Webb, Lausanne, etc. are some of the top teams in the whole state.

My kids aren't football age though so no skin in the game! The enrollment is what it is though. 

As for JCS, we'll see. Those players that transferred are good kids, but I bet they wished they were playing ball on Thursday instead of watching TV.

Edited by Kublah
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kublah said:

Feels like USJ is due for some karma championships at this point. With the pieces they're putting into place over there wouldn't be surprised one day if they get enough of the right athletes playing and reel off 3-4 in a row. 

Since you brought it up... I was not going to go here, because it will be perceived as a knock on the current players. Add to this years incarnation of the Bruins a QB who can make the throws that Smith could with wheels enough to run, a true RB who can accelerate through the line, a TE with good hands, and you will get your gold ball. Wallace was very capable pounding the ball into the line for short yardage and wearing down opponents, but he wasn't going to gash good defenses for big gains or pop long TD runs like the back they faced Thursday. Just a couple of completions on the long pass attempts in the championship game could have changed the outcome, but a QB who was mobile enough to buy time, or to turn pressures into positive yards would have changed punts to first downs, extended drives, and kept the defense on the sideline. USJ accounted themselves well for what weapons they had, just not enough horsepower to finish the job.

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Since you brought it up... I was not going to go here, because it will be perceived as a knock on the current players. Add to this years incarnation of the Bruins a QB who can make the throws that Smith could with wheels enough to run, a true RB who can accelerate through the line, a TE with good hands, and you will get your gold ball. Wallace was very capable pounding the ball into the line for short yardage and wearing down opponents, but he wasn't going to gash good defenses for big gains or pop long TD runs like the back they faced Thursday. Just a couple of completions on the long pass attempts in the championship game could have changed the outcome, but a QB who was mobile enough to buy time, or to turn pressures into positive yards would have changed punts to first downs, extended drives, and kept the defense on the sideline. USJ accounted themselves well for what weapons they had, just not enough horsepower to finish the job.

Got to go watch football now. But Trader you skating on then ice. They don’t like that kind of talk. Hahahahaha. 

15 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Agree with all this. Also another reason I'm excited about Stroup and his ability to bring players in from the hallways. A few extra guys here and there can plug a hole and be the difference between a gold and silver ball.

Who knows if Smith would've had two ACLs and been able to buy some time on a couple plays they might be champs right now.

This was a really really good team with a couple flaws, and DA had their number. Those boys left it all on the field and played to the max of their ability. Can't ask for more!

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Go back where you belong was not said. The question was when you go back in 2021. Yes your enrollment went down. But it has already been creeping back up this year alone. Now throw In That you went to the state championship game. That brings exposure and more students. Going to that game is the best recruiting tool for a school. So it is not getting old to hear the question.it may be getting old to answer the question. It is a fact that USJ will have to face. 

I think Bellsburg2 was saying that as a general statement.  The comment was asking how we will fare in 2021.   But all we hear is about when we move back up.  I'm not sure if  we will make a State Championship game in 2021; but, we will be very competitive in whichever division we are in.  USJ will have 21 JR's and 12 Sr's that year.  We were competitive in AA for the most part over the years.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  The reclassifications will happen after next year and will be for 4 years going forward.  The numbers are based off high school students.  Our current 8th grade class has about 10 more students than our senior class.  We lose a few kids after the 8th grade every year to Madison.   USJ has gained a few students in the current 9-11 grades but I believe that we have lost just as many.  I'm not sure it is a given that we will be moving up after next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Agree with all this. Also another reason I'm excited about Stroup and his ability to bring players in from the hallways. A few extra guys here and there can plug a hole and be the difference between a gold and silver ball.

Who knows if Smith would've had two ACLs and been able to buy some time on a couple plays they might be champs right now.

This was a really really good team with a couple flaws, and DA had their number. Those boys left it all on the field and played to the max of their ability. Can't ask for more!

Stroup will milk the school dry... he inherited a team here with 22 kids, and within two years he could have had 70. He's good enough that he "discouraged" a few kids from playing simply by being honest and having the "I'd love having you on the team, but I'd feel guilty if I weren't honest" talk with them, and they left feeling good about themselves while still respecting Coach. 

Browder can game plan with whatever he has, but give him an athlete at QB where he can use the run/pass option, and he will drive defenses out of their minds... that one piece could make all the difference. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Intense said:

BigEdmo, calm down.  You know that it’s not proper to disagree with newbie Coacht posters.  We need to go back to D1 threads where you can heel bite, jab and laugh at each other and not worry about thin skinned newbies!  PeabodyPride, Redrage, UTVol2 and Cardfan have been missing us. They said their heels are getting stiff and needs to be loosened a bit!!

All of this cage rattling, huffing and puffing,  and I have been silent to this point.......so far:lol:....

Some truth may be on the way!

Edited by ReitzFan